Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today....Thursday?

Posted by   + Show Post

come tell us....christmas tree

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I should be cleaning before I go to workbut I'm not. The world is going to end tomorrow so why bother right?

caro100
by Carol on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure that I am.  I still feel pretty lousey, but at least I feel good enough to be on CM with everyone.  That's a good sign, right?  LOL

Quoting louannwilkins:

I'm so sorry Carol.  I surely hope you're on the path to recovery after all you've been through.  Try to get some rest too though and not do to much at one time.  :)

Quoting caro100:

Staying home,  I've been sick the last 6 days.  First I had and am recovering from pneumonia, yay antibiotics< then I got this nasty stomach virus thathas had people laid up for 72 to 96 hours.  I went back to work yesterday, but was totally miserable.  Had missed the 3 previous days, so had to go back.  Still have no appetite and the smell of  food sending to the bathroom heaving.  Now starting to have diarrhea, so I think probably I am actually starting on the road to recovery.  TMI?

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Larry is off today but had more Chrismtas and birthday shopping to do for me so he went out this morning. And since he was going ot be out I gave him a grocery list for my baking so I can do that the next couple of days.

I've been doing laundry,cleaning up the dining room and kitchen so I can get all the baked breads and cookies and candy put in their tins and dishes for friend s and family to enjoy. Also been digging in my recipe boxes for some of my older recipes that I haven't made in awhile.

Then Kali is going to her Moms for the night since Christmas vacation starts tommorow and they're making cookies tonight. So LArry is going to make dinner for me tonight to celebrate my birthday early,since he has to work Sunday :(.  He's making shrimp alfredo,ceasar salad,garlic toast for dinner.

And he picked up a bottle of Moscato white wine wich is really good,kind of sweet and fruity but light flavored. 

So I plan on having a nice relaxing evening with my hubby. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

It was about 9:15 when the snow plows plowed our little dead-end road and I was able to get to work by 10:00.  The WB has stayed home the last 2 days; I took off half the day Monday with the stomach flu and Tuesday so I haven't seen her much.  The HB bought us all lunch today and then kicked us out promptly at 5:00.  I left the office around 5:15; had 2 more stops - found the tea "spoon" but instead of a spoon it's a ball, for the WB's present (I'm her Secret Santa) so she can brew her own chamomile tea. Also picked up a few more goodies for my "kids" at the office.  Home now, need to make my wild rice soup and Simple Simon Danish tonight (and it's already 7).  And I need to pack up the little gift bags for my "kids".  I almost feel guilty I've put more "thought" into the kids at work than my own two - but they will get $$ from me - a lot more than I'm spending on coworkers. lol.  Well, I gotta get to work!  Oh, I think on the little gifts I'm giving the kids at the office, I'm gonna sign them MOM but then scratch that out and write SANTA.  lol.  I'll take pics and post them.  Might run back to the office tonight to drop them off at each desk rather than try to do all that in the morning.  I don't know HOW the Duggars do it with 19 kids!!!!! LMAO.  I have 12 at work and 2 of my own ...

Quoting louannwilkins:

Wow...snow and ice.  Ugh...not my cup of tea.  lol  Stay warm!!  Will they get upset at work that you couldn't get there?  The way they are they probably think you should clear the road AND make it to work yourself!!  LOL  Hope you have a good day

Quoting suzeebloch:

We have snow and ice, and high winds here in the KC area right now.  I got up early so that I could allow plenty of time to get to the office - only to discover I can't make it out of my own parking lot!  Well, I actually made it OUT of the parking lot but can't get up the little slight incline to the street.  No snow plows or sand trucks have been by here yet.  Then I couldn't get back into the parking lot so backed into the neighboring parking lot less than 50 yards from my apartment.  Guess I'll have time to get caught up on my typing from being sick on Tuesday and maybe have time to start making my Wild Rice Soup - slicing the celery and carrots at least, and cooking the brown and wild rices.  No great loss without some gain.

trish_odi
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I am watching the peanuts Christmas special so cute I guess I am still a big kid love the peanuts snoopy is my favorite
trish_odi
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:41 PM
That's a good one , to bad we couldn't use that one more often but the house will always need cleaning and the world isn't going any where still have to clean the house lol
trish_odi
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Hope you fell better I had that bug and my son and now my friend has it its awfully my boyfriend had it to it just knocks you on your ass . Get rest its a nasty flu virus its just one nasty bug I fell for you I was miserable when I had it .
trish_odi
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:46 PM
That's a good one , to bad we couldn't use that one more often but the house will always need cleaning and the world isn't going any where still have to clean the house lol
trish_odi
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Oops I just deposited the same thing
rblonde1
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Looks like a really white Christmas this year as we have been under a blizzard warning all day.  Didn't have to work today as the kids had off school (I drive a school bus).  One nice thing is that I actually got to sleep in for a change.  After that, cleaned up the kitchen and dining room. Spent a lot of time snuggling with my puppy, Blue. Am going to make up another batch of candy yet tonight as well as bake some cookies. Otherwise, was a really quiet day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN