Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Up and down!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

Having kind of mixed up day,emotionally. It was 20 years ago today that my Dad died. So have been remembering him and thinking alot of when he was alive and how much he loved this time of year.

So I know he would want the ones he loved to be happy and enjoying the Holidays. But even after 20 years I still miss him so very much.

Have been listening to Christmas music all day because he loved Christmas carols and some of the Christmas songs sung by Bing Cosby,Elvis,Nat King Cole etc. all from the 40's,50's and 60's. And been keeping busy doing Christmasy things.

Love you Daddy!

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM

hugs

caro100
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Thinking of you.  I think it's sad when family dies around the holidays, but glad you're able to surround yourself with warm memories of him

trish_odi
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:06 PM
I get it my mother died when she was 42 so its been 25 year and I really miss her but I know she would want me to be happy the last Christmas she was alive was the best for so many reasons
So let's be happy and have a wounderfull Christmas miss my mom!!
trish_odi
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:10 PM
I rely like this place so glad I found cafe moms its my place to go and talk about what's going on and you listen and some one always replies to you its great happy holidays to every one
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Hugs to you.  It is great that you have such great memories to cling too. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Aww....hugs to you!!  I'm sorry.  I miss my daddy too.  He died in 2007 and theres not a day that goes by that I don't think about him many time through out the day.  I do know how you feel.  Just keep remembering him and talk about him.  We all will talk about my daddy and remember all the funny things he use to say and do.  lol  My dads bff said he isn't gone as long as we have Lou Ann because she is JUST like him up one side and down the other!!  LOL  Its true I'm sure because I heard it all my life and it makes me feel good!!  LOL  :)

Anyway....maybe you should share some of your stories/ memories here.  Hugs again to you   :)

lisamarie1265
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Prayers and thoughts to you. I lost my grandma on Christmas eve 2000. It was sooo hard to get through that and even though she was 80, and not really with us in her mind, she had a smile for us right till the end.  she too loved the holidays, her kitchen would smell of cinnamon and apple pie and strudel... And always Christmas music on the sterio, the good old fashioned Christmas music, Bing, Nat, Andy, choirs ect... I miss her so much, I miss all my grandparent the holidays were such a special time for us all! We remember them by reminicing and laughing about the parties, the traditions, the crazy things that happened once in a while! Remember the wonderful times you had with your Dad, he's watching and would want you to be happy and enjoy with your family....he knows you love him and remember him and have him in your heart, even after 20yrs and that's what is most important!!!  God bless you and your family and Merry Christmas... 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:42 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Hugs to you hon .

homeskoolmama
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:55 AM

aww hugs to you sweetie! My dad is here but not in good health. I still miss my grandfather though and he died 20 years ago this past August.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:58 AM

My mom passed away 14 years ago on December 15th. I get it. ((((HUGS))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)