Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipe(Sis sent me this last night.)

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:34 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

My sister sent me this last night on Facebook.She said she tried it and its really good. Thought I would share.

Quick Cheese Danish

2 cans ready to use refrigerated crescent rolls

2 8 0z. packages creme cheese

1 cup. sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

1 egg

1 egg white

Glaze:

1/2 cup of powdered sugar

2 T. milk

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13x2 inch baking pan. Lay one package of crescent rolls in the pan rollingout flat and pinching openings together.

Beat the creme cheese,sugar,vanilla and egg together until smooth. Spread the mixture over the crescent rolls evenly,then lay the second package of rolls on top of cheese mixture and brush with egg white. Also can sprinkle with a little sugar if wanted.

Bake for 35 to 45 minutes,until the top is golden brown. Cool for about 20 minutes. While cooling make up glaze. When cooled top with glaze.

Note: you can half the amount of creme cheese filling and its still very good. Just bake for 30-35 minutes. 

I was also thinking of topping it with some cherry pie fillng about mid time in oven then kind of thin the glaze a little and drizzle it over top. Since I like the cherry cheese danish at the bakery.  I might make this up for Christmas morning for everybody to have with their coffee.  

If anybody has had this before and/or after they try this one let me know what ya think.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
caro100
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Sounds really yummy.  I loved crescent dough, it is so versatile.  You could also probably make a danish wreth too, laying it out different.  lay crescent dough in a circle point side to the outside, put a dollop of cream cheese  filling  and your canned cherry topping on the wide end then bring the pointy end over and tuck it under, then make your icing and maybe use some red and green sprinkles.  All this in keeping with the season.

gmadiane
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:16 PM

yum

homeskoolmama
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I'd do the cherry myself :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Sounds yummy :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)