Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

My boss lost a loved one today

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:20 PM
  • 13 Replies

My boss is a 70 yr. old lady. Not in the best of health. Her husband has alzheimers. His sister lived with them most of the time and helped with the house cleaning and watching her brother. 

She was at her own house today and her ex husband went to pick her up for a doctors appointment and found her dead.

My boss got the call today at about noon. She was so upset. It was very shocking. I feel so sorry for her. She is such a good person. Kind hearted. 

They don't know why she died and arent' going to do an autopsy. Just said "natural causes". I guess once you reach a certain age they do that? If the family wants one they have to pay $3000.00.

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM

How sad. I am sorry, it  had to have been shocking.  I'll include her and the bereaved family in my prayers.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Aww how sad & so sorry,
Unexpected is usually shocking ..
Will keep her/them in my thoughts & prayers

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Thank you. I appreciate you very much.

Quoting Bmat:

How sad. I am sorry, it  had to have been shocking.  I'll include her and the bereaved family in my prayers.

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Thank you so much for your kindness!

Quoting hugss:

Aww how sad & so sorry,

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Can't imagine how she feels with this sudden loss :(

Quoting Shellness:

Thank you so much for your kindness!

Quoting hugss:

Aww how sad & so sorry,

CoeyG
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:55 AM

If they don't do an autopsy on anyone the declare "natural causes" because death is a natural part of life.  We all do it.  Having been found ded with no aparent trauma it would cost the family money to find out the medical problem that lead to the death.  If there was apparent trauma or it looked like a physical altercation may have lead to the death the state would investigate and the taxpayers wold be paying for the autopsy.  The medical tests that would be run on a "natural causes" patietnt would be the same as if they were alive, blood, urine, xrays and someone has to pay for those tests...

nana9106
by Darlene on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:28 AM
So sad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM

That's very sad and I'm sure it was hard to watch her be so upset.  I will remember them in my prayers. 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:03 AM

At a certain age they don't do an autopsy.

I'm sorry for the loss.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I am so sorry.  I watched my grandmother go through losing all of her good friends to death.  It was very hard.  All you can do is be there for her.  Hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)