Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Are you having a New Years party? eve or day?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM
  • 29 Replies

Are you having or going to a party?  New Years Eve or Day or both?  Is there traditional food that you have?

Whether permitting, I'm having the family here. My mom always made pigs in the blanket, sloppy joes, chips and dip, cheese and crackers,  veggie tray. So I am having this kind of thing.

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Larry has to work both days so we aren't planning anything.  But tomorrow night we might be getting together with some friends for a little end of year get together. Just munching out and playing cards.

teaching1972
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

We are planning on going out to eat with another couple and then to an early movie.  We will come back to our house to see in the New Year.  Our weather will determine exactly what we do but those are our plans. 

I am enjoying being an adult on this holiday.  For more years than I care to count, my DH and I sponsered the Youth Group at our church.  New Year's Eve was a huge event including staying up all night, going bowling, eating a huge meal.  Sometimes we had a movie at church and sometimes we went to a theater.  WOW!!! I am so glad I am not facing that this year. 

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

We always have black eyed peas, greens, cornbread, that sort of thing. I think I will cook and have my kids and sister over. You inspired me. Sounds like fun. I might make those pigs in a blanket for the kids!

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I can imagine you are looking forward to the change! Sounds much more relaxing. Have a great time!

Quoting teaching1972:

We are planning on going out to eat with another couple and then to an early movie.  We will come back to our house to see in the New Year.  Our weather will determine exactly what we do but those are our plans. 

I am enjoying being an adult on this holiday.  For more years than I care to count, my DH and I sponsered the Youth Group at our church.  New Year's Eve was a huge event including staying up all night, going bowling, eating a huge meal.  Sometimes we had a movie at church and sometimes we went to a theater.  WOW!!! I am so glad I am not facing that this year. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM

No party here nor going to any,
Yours sound fun & yummy!
I'll just go to yours :)

CoeyG
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Nope no party, unless my family wants to do one On Facebook, we are discussing that LOL.  I've been reconnecting with family members on FB lately and we are tlking about a type of "reunion" on FB. 

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:42 AM

No parties for me.  I am some sick.  We got boneless ribs and porkchops for New Years day.  It causes a bit of conflict.  I am a Polish girl from Cleveland and my daughter in law is a Texan and prefers the black eyed peas and cornbread.

jules8289
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Barb! Those pigs in a blanket sound soooo good. New Years Eve Dh and I are going out for Chinese. We usually make it at home. The next day we are having pork and sauerkraut like good little Germans.

nana9106
by Darlene on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:21 AM
No party. Just hanging out at home
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I have not gone to a real party in years. We usually do something on New Year's Eve/Day to make it special. I have made Hoppin' John for the family for good luck in the coming year - can't say that it helped any - maybe it did and my luck would have been worse! Ha!

We may stay up late trying new munchies or make a new dish for the day.

My Mom always took down the Christmas Tree on New Year's Day. I leave mine up longer.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)