Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Have you ever been to a symphony?

Posted by   + Show Post

Where was it? What symphony company was it?

Did you enjoy it? 

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I have been to the loccal symphony but am not so sure I really enjoyed it.

EireLass
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Yes, I took my kids to an outdoor concert by the Boston Pops in Western MA. They had each taken me to one of their concerts....Metallica & Pearl Jam....so I took them to one of mine. We made a whole weekend of it. Lots of fun.

drumomma
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:46 AM
My mom played in the local symphony orchestra, so as kids we were dragged to each concert usually about 8 a year. As an adult I love to see the orchestra. I would say my favorite was seeing (Yoyo Ma?) play. Love the strings. Saw a great electric violinist once too. My brothers play, but I never had the musical talent they did. My grandkids play violin & piano.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by Carol on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Yes, but it wasn't a famous one, it was our local symphony.  I reallly enjoyed it.  It was in Springfield, Mo.

homeskoolmama
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Yes, the NC symphony. I've heard them several times and I did enjoy it.

DysphoniaBec
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I LOVE classical musical and have gone to Music Hall in Cincinnati and seen, among other things, The Nutcracker.  I've volunteer usher at the KY Center for the Arts in Louisville.   Have also been to piano concerts at Xavier University in Cincinnati.  Just don't sit near me as I tend to sing along!

sabrtooth1
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Yes.  There are many symphonies in the Chicagoland area, and I have enjoyed many of them, including the CSO.  My kids were in band for many years.  My older dd played in several community symphonies, as well as several community theater pit bands.  She was accepted to DePaul for music, and had a scholarship to School of the Art Institute.  She ended up going to the University of Illinois for Art and Art Ed, but played there also.  Her last hurrah, before the art became too intense, was a trip to England with the Marching Illini.

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:37 PM

What a great experience. I bet he saw your talent and wanted you to study professionally! I played the clarinet. I loved it too. I love music.

Quoting nana9106:

Oh yes. I love the symphony. I actually played with the Houston Symphony Orchestra when I was a junior in high school. I was invited to play with them by the director, he sat in on one of our high school band concerts, I played the French horn and played a solo at that concert. After it was over the Guy came up to me and my mom and invited me to come and play with them. It was very cool!

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I want to see them.

Quoting kam013:

Yes, I have been to the Boston Pops (Symphony) several times starting when I was in Junior high school. Last time was about 10 years ago.

We have also been to the Boston Pops on the Esplanade during their 4th of July concert a couple of times.  Always an amazing experience, but oh so crowded.

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Try once more. Try another one! Go at Christmas time. Those are the best!

Quoting mac1940:

I have been to the loccal symphony but am not so sure I really enjoyed it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)