Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Have you ever been to an Opera?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM
  • 17 Replies

What kind of Opera was it? What was it about? What City was it in that you saw it?

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

No ::blush::

Tammi4
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM
No. It has never interested me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I have not but I really want to experience it. I want to take my daughters and let them experience it too. I hope someone has some good suggestions for me, something they would like.

CoeyG
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Yes I have, it was Carmen if you want to know what it was about Google it LOL.  I have also been to selveral Gilbert and Sullivan operattas (google them) The Mikado being one of my favorites

KittyGram
by Becky on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:51 AM
No but I went to the ballet once, saw The Nutcracker. It was at the Chicago Theater. And I go to plays both in Chicago and nearby suburbs whenever I can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:46 AM

I've not been to an opera but I have been to the ballet at Lincoln Center in New York.

jules8289
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I am not into opera that much. I would love to go and I hear an Italian Opera are the best ones to see. We have a wonderful theatre nearby in Toledo. The Valentine Theatre. It was completely redone and is pretty swank. If you live in lower Michigan, upper eastern Indiana or Ohio it is so worth the drive for a show of any kind.

nana9106
by Darlene on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Never. But I would love to
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:40 AM

No.

My Mom was encouraged to go get lessons to sing professionally before she got married. She didn't like the big cities so she didn't. 

My youngest, who is now 8, when she was 3-5 and I was channel-hopping back when we had cable, she would want me to stop and she would listen to any opera on PBS for awhile (quite awhile for one so young). So I might in the future!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Nope and have no desire to.I would like to go to a professional play downtown.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)