Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What IS your New Year's Resolution this year?

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:15 AM
  • 21 Replies

I am promising to myself, even if I have to take a course to get better at it, to finance my money better. I am tired of never being able to have anything left to put into savings.

I am promising to put forth a determined effort to find a good paying job that I can work at the rest of my life and not have to worry about working for a small employer anymore. 

I am promising myself to cut back on my soda drinking. Its a bit of an addiction for me. I drink at least one everyday and I hate having addictions to things.

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Maintain my weight (lose a few pounds too)
declutter/clean my house
finanaces .. always :)

CoeyG
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I don't make resolutions, I never keep them so it doesn't make sense for me to make them.

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

My resolution is not to make resolutions.  People seldom keep them for more than a few weeks anyway.

nana9106
by Darlene on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:09 AM
This is me too

Quoting CoeyG:

I don't make resolutions, I never keep them so it doesn't make sense for me to make them.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I want to be better with a budget. I'm tried of living paycheck to paycheck.

I have to get healthier. All of my problem is mental. I'm so flipping stubborn if the word diet is mentioned.

I really want to be better at keeping in touch with people. I've been disconnected from many friends and family and don't like it. 

I need to get more focused at work. I don't feel like I've given 100% most times. I've been promoted once even though I know I could do more so just imagine what how far I could go if I really focused and gave a 100%.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:09 PM

And I join the no resolution crowd - can't or don't keep them, so don't make them.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Me three.  lol.  there are things I want to do but don't have formal "resolutions." 

Quoting nana9106:

This is me too

Quoting CoeyG:

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I don't make resolutions but I do like to set goals for myself.  Last year it was a new job, new house and new car. Done, done and done.  This year it is a new screened porch addition, more walking and finding craft projects to do. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I don't make them.

momisnuts570
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Find a way to see the positive instead of the negative all the time.  Learn to save some money.  Even if it's just a little each week!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)