Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Darn Snow

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:58 AM
  • 11 Replies

Well, today was supposed to be Christmas at our house with my son. He was driving from Delaware to spend a long weekend. I called him this morning and told him that his Dad and I thought it might be a good idea to wait until tomorrow to head north! Woke to up another blanket of white stuff on the ground and it just keeps falling! Since he is in the military and has spent a lot of time in the south, he just isn't used to snow covered roads and his truck isn't really prepared for this kind of weather. Oh, well, might as well just clean the house today and make some soup and bake. It's that kind of day!!!

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I'm sorry!!  I'm from NC and have never driven in it either so I know just what you mean.  lol  My dad use to drive me if I needed to go somewhere.  Now I just have to sit if we get it.  I would be dangerous!!  LOL  Hopefully he'll be able to make it in soon.  Have a good day   :)

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I am sorry your son will have to delay his trip.  We have snow too.

nana9106
by Darlene on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:12 AM
I'm so sorry :-(
Maybe it will ease up soon and he can come home
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Jeanine on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Aww, I'm sorry.  That must have been so disappointing.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Aww that is too bad,
Hope he can make it Sunday :)

caro100
by Carol on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I'm sorry.  I live in S.W Mo. and people really freak out over the white stuff here.  I grew up in mid. Mo. and went to college, up by the Iowa border so driving in snow and bliazzards is nothing new to me.  If they predict 1/2 inch of snow, people rush the grocery stores, like there is going to be major  outages., after 25 years here, I'm still amazed.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I live in The Mitten so snow is nothing to drive in here. BUT the first snow of the season is a PITA because people forget, I guess.

Hope he can get home soon.

Cindy

CoeyG
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Yep we were presented with another foot of the white stuff here over night.  We already had over a foot here yesterday don't know why the giant snow people figured we needed more.  I sent them a letter saying we had plenty and to please stop sending it this way...

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:29 AM

We have tons of snow here and it just keeps coming arrrgg! We are used to it and most people don't bat an eye but it is still a pain in the neck.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Sorry for your son's delay.  I am comfortable with driving in snowy conditions, it's the other guys on the road I worry about - the ones who have no idea how but are sure they can.  I hope your son makes it soon and safely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)