Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for December 29th

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:17 AM
  • 10 Replies

Did you get any new kitchen gadgets for Christmas? If so, what? Do you like it? Did you ask for it?

Cindy

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:27 AM

No gadgets yet! My son that usually gets the gadgety stuff is planning a visit home later in January. We will have a little Christmas then so we will see!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Nothing major but I did get a new Zester which I asked for. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:28 PM

No new kitchen gadgets for me.  Not that I really NEED any new gadgets!  lol.  I know I will need a new hand-held mixer one of these days though.  The one I have I've had since my first marriage in 1979. I wrap the cord around it and one of these days I'm sure the copper inside the cord is going to snap.  lol.  On Christmas day at my moms, I needed to mix my frosting and asked for her hand-held mixer.  It's a Sunbeam, and she said she's had that once since SHE got married - in 1957!!!!!  holy cow.  When I plugged it in, the mixers turned themselves on, even in the OFF position.  No big deal - I just plugged it in when I was ready to use it.  but really?  1957?  Good ol' Sunbeam!!!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM

No gadgets here :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:24 AM

My hand mixer just dies in October. It was my mom's from god knows when.

Be careful, mine arched and poofed right in my face when it died. I couldn't even be mad about it because it had a good long life.

Quoting suzeebloch:

No new kitchen gadgets for me.  Not that I really NEED any new gadgets!  lol.  I know I will need a new hand-held mixer one of these days though.  The one I have I've had since my first marriage in 1979. I wrap the cord around it and one of these days I'm sure the copper inside the cord is going to snap.  lol.  On Christmas day at my moms, I needed to mix my frosting and asked for her hand-held mixer.  It's a Sunbeam, and she said she's had that once since SHE got married - in 1957!!!!!  holy cow.  When I plugged it in, the mixers turned themselves on, even in the OFF position.  No big deal - I just plugged it in when I was ready to use it.  but really?  1957?  Good ol' Sunbeam!!!

Cindy

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I got not one but two mini choppers!!

I love them. So much easier to chop onions and celery!

I use the red one for the first time last night.

jules8289
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:53 AM

No kitchen gadgets for me this year. I would love a mini chopper though. The old mixer stories(yikes!) made me think of my old toaster story. MIL years ago had an ancient metal toaster. I took a damp sponge to give it a quick wipe off and OH MY! Got a decent surge of electricity through my whole body. Expected my feet to be smokin.

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM

No new kitchen gadgets any year.

nana9106
by Darlene on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I got a new kitchenaid :-)
Love it!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
homeskoolmama
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I received a new mixer, a new set of dishes and a new baking pan. Love it all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)