Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What skills have you been taught by a ......

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:49 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Man? Any man will do, husband, boyfriend, brother, neighbor!

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:52 PM

My father taught me honor and how to garden. He taught me how to fish. 

My husband of course taught me how to truly love but he has taught me how to professionally paint, and do other things that relate to house construction and furniture building. 

My husband DESPERATELY tries to teach me mechanics but I refuse. I don't want to know. He thinks its a skill I might need one day but I tell him NO, I will call someone else to do it for me! I don't want to learn it!!!!!

CoeyG
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:07 PM

My father taught me how to do simple work on my car, how to weild a hammer and use hand dril, drill press, electrical and manual saws, he taught me the difference between screw drivers and wrenches and how to what a 2x4 looks like He taught me how to burp, how to fart and how to drink shots and beer.  My mom taught me how not to be a mom. 

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I can pump gas and change a tire.

CoeyG
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Had to learn to change a tire or wouldn't have passeddriver training.    And yes I have done so, in a rain storm and in a bilzzard, at which time I joined Triple A LOL

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, my father taught me how to use my head and think things through - plan ahead, weigh the options .  He taught me that I was special. 

My ex-h taught me how to use hand tools and what they are.  He taught me to work hard - because I always had to work for both of us when it came to maintaining a home and raising our children..  He taught me that as a wife I really was not worth any preference or consideration.. Oops - I think I am off topic...Sorry!

nana9106
by Darlene on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Fish, hunt, Change my oil or a flat tire.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CometGirl
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I learned how to balance a checkbook, budget my money, and play dominoes from my dad.

smile357
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:59 PM

My mom taught me how to be a good mother, Patients, how to clean (although you wouldn't know it sometimes..hehe), 

My mom and dad taught me morals and how to treat other people kindly.\

My husband has taught me how to stick to my guns and be a better me

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:34 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM

None of the men in my life have taught me a lot,
DH has tried though & has the patience of a saint  :)

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM

My dad, he taught me all about cars. How to change tires, oil, a motor, rebuild the engine. He also taught me not to take any crap off anyone.

My grandfather taught me to love, to garden, to be kind and generous.

My sons have taught me to laugh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)