Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Your siblings....

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 67 Replies

Do you have a relationship with your siblings?

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I do not. Not any longer. They have issues and don't know how to love. They don't love me or want me.

I have 4 of them.

butterflymeme
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I have 7 half brothers and only have a relationship with 3. One of my other 4 died in January 1997 and the other 3 barely know me. The 3 I do have a relationship with I love very much. I see my baby brother the most.

momisnuts570
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I have 3 brothers and we are all very close. we lost our sister in May of 2003.. She was 42 and the baby of the family.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Yes, i have one sister and we are close.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by Carol on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Yes, but not a close one.  We live 31/2 hours a part and can't seem to get together more than twice a year.

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Yes, I have 4 siblings. 2 sisters, that I am very close to. I have 2 brothers. I'm closer to one brother than the other. I love the other brother very much, but I guess we just bump heads. But, we all love each other alot!

Rileyscute
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:08 PM

some yes, some no

KittyGram
by Becky on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Some. I'm number ten of twelve kids. There are ten of us still living. I'm on okay terms with my oldest sister, pretty good terms with my one remaining brother and one sister, excellent terms with three sisters, and no relationship with three more sisters. My youngest sister cut all ties with all of her siblings in September 2011. I've made several attempts to reconnect, with no response from her. I've decided I'm done trying. No one is going to hold me emotionally captive. Life's too short.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:32 AM
There's 8 of us and yes we all have a great relationship with each other. I love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lisamarie1265
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Absolutely .... That's how we were raised. I have two big brothers and I love them both dearly.  We were close growing up, and stuck together through many life experiences from, family gatherings on my dads side where we really didn't know or hang with the cousins so we stuck together, to our teen years, we we're all one big group, my brothers watched out for me all thru school, they both had reps, so I was well protected.  We have seen each other through having kids of our own, rough relationships, rough personal stuff, illness, losing loved ones... Ect ect... I wouldn't know whati would do without the "talks" me and my oldest brother Bobby share in private, or the laughter and inside jokes my brother David and I share.... Our parents taught us that I only have two brothers, and they only have one sister, and to always be close, to love and care for one another and even though we may not always agree or get along, we need to be there, cause in the end it's family that matters!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN