Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those who have a Kindle Fire...

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM
  • 14 Replies

I can't figure out my Kindle Fire 7" LCD.   Every instruction says to go to menu button but this does NOT have a menu button.  I've tried calling their help line but I think you are getting someone from another country and it is just frustrating to talk to them :(

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rileyscute
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM

It's the drop down at the top of the screen, or the top of your home screen.

what are you trying to do?

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Quoting Rileyscute:

No, I'm talking about the "menu button" which is a square with lines in it.  It's suppose to be on the bottom.

It's too long to explain what I've tried to do but you can tell me, if you don't mind, how to go to the page in a book I bookmarked.

Rileyscute
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Rileyscute:

No, I'm talking about the "menu button" which is a square with lines in it.  It's suppose to be on the bottom.

It's too long to explain what I've tried to do but you can tell me, if you don't mind, how to go to the page in a book I bookmarked.

I don't have a menu button..just the screen function

Oh, and at the bottom of the screen there is a few icons..bookmarks are on the right side

Rileyscute
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Rileyscute
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM
jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Quoting Rileyscute:

this has a really good explanation :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200729450

Thank you for the help.  I started reading and noticed once again they tell you to go to the menu button at the bottom of the screen?!?!?!annotations by tapping the center of the screen while the book is open, then the Menu icon displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Rileyscute
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Rileyscute:

Thank you for the help.  I started reading and noticed once again they tell you to go to the menu button at the bottom of the screen?!?!?!annotations by tapping the center of the screen while the book is open, then the Menu icon displayed at the bottom of the screen.

I honestly think they are trying to be confusing..lol

It's all on the screen whether top or bottom

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Quoting Rileyscute:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Rileyscute:

No, the menu button (the square with the lines) is on the bottom...

To view it, swipe the tab that appears on the bottom or right of the screen. You'll see different options depending on the library or application you're using.

Additional settings are located in the Options bar at the bottom of the screen and bring up additional actions or settings, depending upon the content library or application. For example, within the Music library, tap the bottom of the screen to display Downloads, Settings, and Help options.

Standard options include:

Home

Tap the Home button from anywhere on your Kindle Fire HD to return to the Home screen.

Back

Tap to go to the previous screen.

Menu

Tap to view additional options related to the content type.

Search

Tap to search your libraries, the Store, or the web.

My kindle does not have the menu button and every direction tells me to push it.

Rileyscute
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Which version of the kindle do you have?

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Rileyscute:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Rileyscute:

No, the menu button (the square with the lines) is on the bottom...

To view it, swipe the tab that appears on the bottom or right of the screen. You'll see different options depending on the library or application you're using.

Additional settings are located in the Options bar at the bottom of the screen and bring up additional actions or settings, depending upon the content library or application. For example, within the Music library, tap the bottom of the screen to display Downloads, Settings, and Help options.

Standard options include:

Home

Tap the Home button from anywhere on your Kindle Fire HD to return to the Home screen.

Back

Tap to go to the previous screen.

Menu

Tap to view additional options related to the content type.

Search

Tap to search your libraries, the Store, or the web.

My kindle does not have the menu button and every direction tells me to push it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rileyscute
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM
It might be a software problem if the icon doesn't even appear
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)