Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you reading

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:04 PM
  • 54 Replies

I am always looking for new books and new authors to read.  Tell me about what you are reading.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I just got done reading "The Other Daughter" by Lisa Gardner.  Now I'm reading another one of her books "The Perfect Husband".  I also LOVE the Stephanie Plum series (start with One for the Money) by Janet Evanovich.

nanalyn1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM

"Violets are Blue" by James Patterson

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I have not heard of Lisa Gardner.  What kind of books does she write?  I have also read the first Stephanie Plum book.  I have 2, 3, and 4 that I have to read yet.  If you like Stephanie Plum you should read the Kinsey Milhouse books by Sue Grafton.  They are alphbetical and are similar to Stephanie Plum.

Quoting jabs54:

I just got done reading "The Other Daughter" by Lisa Gardner.  Now I'm reading another one of her books "The Perfect Husband".  I also LOVE the Stephanie Plum series (start with One for the Money) by Janet Evanovich.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I've read that one.  I like James Patterson.  I just finished The Final Warning by him.

Quoting nanalyn1:

"Violets are Blue" by James Patterson

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:38 PM

My husband bought me The Hunger Games and I finished that in about a weeks time it was so good. He also got me The Hobbit and I just began reading it.  I didn't think I had read it before but after beginning it I realized I have but its been along time ago.

I just bought myself two Yasmine Galenorn books,Bone Magic and Blood Wyne this the 4th and 6th book in a series(I missed the 5th one,dang it).I started reading this series about 4-5 years ago and had stopped. If you like  adult fantasy genre its very good.  Its about 3 sisters who have different powers,ones a witch,ones a changeling and the other is a vampire.  The stories are very well written.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I got the Hunger Games on my Kindle and one of these years I might actually finish it.  I read the Hobbit back in the 60's and I am thinking about reading it again.  I'll have to look for those Yasmine Galenorn books.  They sound interesting.

Quoting kuntrylady56:

My husband bought me The Hunger Games and I finished that in about a weeks time it was so good. He also got me The Hobbit and I just began reading it.  I didn't think I had read it before but after beginning it I realized I have but its been along time ago.

I just bought myself two Yasmine Galenorn books,Bone Magic and Blood Wyne this the 4th and 6th book in a series(I missed the 5th one,dang it).I started reading this series about 4-5 years ago and had stopped. If you like  adult fantasy genre its very good.  Its about 3 sisters who have different powers,ones a witch,ones a changeling and the other is a vampire.  The stories are very well written.

jlsjjsmom
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I'm reading 'You Don't Want To Know' by Lisa Jackson.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM
My daughter gave me this book for Christmas, its called A Street Cat Named Bob. True account of an almost homeless man and the cat that adopted him. I've recently read two other true stories of cats, and my daughter knows how I am about cats!!!!! I just hope this one doesn't make me cry like the last one did!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Carolina Moon by Nora Roberts.  Just finished Merry Christmas Alex Cross by James Patterson.  Anxiously awaiting Karin Slaughter's new book, due out soon.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I just started a book by John Irving called A Prayer For Owen Meaney.  I'll let you know how it is but a friend of mine loves it!   :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)