Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Speaking of leggings for men, something that I've wondered about with women's legs

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 27 Replies

Why is it that women's legs are always on show - in movies,  musicals-  well not always, but so often the woman has on a leotard or miniskirt, and the man has on trousers. In a musical production, I wonder when the women's legs are all exposed, and the men's legs are all covered. What's up with this?

Is it that men like the looks of a woman's legs? What about women liking to look at men's legs? Expose both or cover both... yes? No?

In times past, men's legs were on view- under hose of course, usually, although in ancient times when they wore tunics...   But a well-turned male leg was something to admire, these days all we see is the pants covering who knows what shape leg. Why do ladies' legs have to be on show but not men's?

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Good point,
Guess we'll have to try to force that one, LOL
Although seems there are more women with nicer legs than mens :)

lisamarie1265
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly men's legs are just funny looking... My hubby while his legs are muscle from yers of construction and flooring work are funny to me he's not real tall 5'6" he's like his dad and brother stocky build, his brother is like a bear... But his legs too are funny, I say my hubby has bird legs.. My sis in law likes my hubbys legs cause they are shaped my brothers are just skinny sticks lol!!! No I dont like men's legs, I would rather see Leslie Carone in a dress showing off her legs than say Gene Kelly... Women's legs are just more attractive and it fascinates me to see some of these dancers hell I wish my legs looked like that.... 

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM

You have a point. I don't really want to look at a lot of the men's legs that I see in the summer in shorts or bathing suits.

Quoting lisamarie1265:

Honestly men's legs are just funny looking... My hubby while his legs are muscle from yers of construction and flooring work are funny to me he's not real tall 5'6" he's like his dad and brother stocky build, his brother is like a bear... But his legs too are funny, I say my hubby has bird legs.. My sis in law likes my hubbys legs cause they are shaped my brothers are just skinny sticks lol!!! No I dont like men's legs, I would rather see Leslie Carone in a dress showing off her legs than say Gene Kelly... Women's legs are just more attractive and it fascinates me to see some of these dancers hell I wish my legs looked like that.... 

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:51 AM

LOL! 

You don't think it is just our society saying that women's legs are nicer?

Quoting hugss:

Good point,

suesues
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:02 AM

what about arms women always sleeveless or short sleeve on tv or weddings and men nice and warm in suits not fair

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Right! or half of their chest open to the cold air also.

I just suspect that men decided these were desirable and the fashion went on from there.

Quoting suesues:

what about arms women always sleeveless or short sleeve on tv or weddings and men nice and warm in suits not fair

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM

You are probably right :)

Quoting Bmat:

LOL! 

You don't think it is just our society saying that women's legs are nicer?

Quoting hugss:

Good point,

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM

We, unfortunately, still live in a male dominated society.  The women's movement hasn't really changed the good ol boy system much.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM

*nodding*  The same with bosoms being mostly exposed these days. I'm not sure a woman would want her parts showing that much if it weren't judged attractive by men. 

Quoting Why123:

We, unfortunately, still live in a male dominated society.  The women's movement hasn't really changed the good ol boy system much.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM

In ancient Rome and Greek times. men's legs were often visible. The women wore long outfits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)