Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What do you wear?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 33 Replies

To sleep in?  A night gown,flannel and long or sily and slinky? PJ"S? Sexy? Or do ya sleep in your birthday suit?  In the winter its usually something warm and soft,either a nice long night gown or some comfy sleep pants and shirt.  Every once in awhile it might be something a little slinky.lol    In the summer time its usally a long t-shirt type gown or just extra big t-shirt.  

And do you like to sleep with cool in your bedroom with lotsa covers or warm a barely no covers?  I like my room a little cool and snuggle into the covers,I sleep better then if my room is to warm.

And are you or your husband a blanket hog?  I have to confess,I am,I like to wrap myself up like in a cacoon or something But then in the middle of the night I'll get a hot flash and everything comes off.lol  Even the kitties curled up on the bed,going flying sometimes.lol

If you have SO do ya snuggle close or have to have your own space?  We usually start out snuggleling but roll over onto our own sides. I LOVE my king size bed! Even though I end up sharing my side with the four felines who think Mommy is comfy to sleep on,I guess its because I have extra padding. :)  Ones usually curled up around my neck or shoulder area.,one on myside or stomach and two somewhere between my knees and feet.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twistandshout
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I always ware a night gown. That is the most comfortable for me.

lisamarie1265
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I sleep in one of my hubby's Carhart tshirts, I stole it from him lol, I wash it but it still smells like him, like right guard and Polo ... It's big and comfy I wear it with pj bottoms or without... I have other pjs but that's my favorite, I have some VS nighties for special times, but he's as casual as I am and finds just a tshirt sexy.... ; - ) 

We keep our room cool, we use a sheet 2 cotton blankets and a big down comforter... We sleep pretty close so no chance of losing the blankets to either one, we do however have our own fleece blankets mine is the Cleveland Browns his is the Denver Broncos (has to follow Peyton) boooo!!! Lol.. 

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM

flannel  footed pajamas,   or flannel 2- piece nightset.  

We keep it cool and have heavy comforters and blankets.     We try to cuddle but the Schnauzers tend to get in the middle most of the time.     :-) 

I am the blanket and bed hog.   It goes in phases.   Similar to you, sometimes I am very chilled and hoard them all or steal his,    other times I am having "hot" flashes and throw all of the covers on him.    He will wake up many times sweating like crazy or freezing with just a sheet.      I laugh at it,  he gives me a quick lecture on how it needs to stop and it keeps going.     My bad...........  

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM

jammies. I like nightgowns, but as I turn and twist in my sleep the nightgowns always ended up scrunched up, so now I wear pajamas and am much more comfortable.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Thursday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I sleep in pj/s & not much of a snuggler :(

caro100
by Carol on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:57 AM
I wear pajamas alot, as well as gowns at times. I wear comfy cottonshirt gowns, I also wear slinky silky lacy pajamas. Also I have a real comfy pair of red cotton pajamas with scotty dogs on them , they're my favoritie
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:39 AM

First off, there is no S.O. sharing my bed or blankets!  :o)

I wear "leggings," they are stretchy and black that I bought cheap at Walmart.  When it's really cold out, I wear sweatpants over those while I'm up, with a tanktop and a fleece blouse and my hoodie.  I start off sleeping with just the leggings and tanktop but with these darned hot flashes, though, I often find myself waking up naked . lol.  I have a microfiber blanket - looks kind of like a comforter but is not nearly as thick. It's super light-weight and is very warm.  I have a bedspread/comforter on top of that which is also light-weight.  I can't stand having my sheets tucked in at my feet. 

In the summer time I sleep in my birthday suit. 

I prefer my apartment cool.  My unit is on the ground floor so I have neighbors above (who walk very heavy and squeak the floor, by the way - annoying!) and Tom, my moocher-next-door neighbor lives on the east side and the laundry/storage room is on the west side, so I am really well-insulated from the elements.  I duct-taped a piece of building styrofoam into my bedroom window to keep out the drafts and then I sewed room-darkening fabric behind a double piece of dark-blue calico for my curtains.  I only have a small space heater in my bedroom which I seldom use, unless the temps drop into the single digits over night.  For the summer, my friend, Brian, put a ceiling fan in my bedroom.  The AC doesn't reach back to my bedroom very well so unless it is simply sweltering overnight and not getting lower than 80 or so, I don't even turn the AC on but have the windows open in the living room (have 1/2" mesh nailed to the outside of the living room windows for a bit more security but of course I have my attack cats - lol) and with the ceiling fan I'm usually okay.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I sleep in a long tee shirt type gown.  Not sure what you call them but they aren't really gowns and aren't really tee shirts.  lol  They are comfortable and they aren't hot.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM

It really depends on who I am sleeping with!! Naked or a t-shirt or long sleeved t-shirt with loungy pjs. Never a nightgown.

Anything can be sexy to my SO.

Prefer bedrooms on the cool side.

Snuggler if the snoring isn't too loud!

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I wear flannel sleep pants and a long sleeve shirt during the winter.  During the summer I wear shorts and a tshirt.  I like my room on the cool side and because I sleep alone, the covers are all mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)