Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do you have a BFF?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 27 Replies

Do you have a BFF that you can be totally silly with when you are together? Can you laugh at some thing and have people wonder what the heck is so funny? Do you have so much in common that it's kind of scary? Most of all is your BFF someone that you can lean on in sad times good times tell her anything, and she has enough info on you to blackmail you? If so tell us about her. I think we all need someone like this as an adult!!!!

My BFF is Cindy and I love her to pieces. I am having lunch with her today and then we are out to not find trouble but we know it will find us cause it always does. lol Her and I were introduced on the internet by a mutual friend. Her life and mine are so similar in so may ways including down the names of some family members. We laugh at some of the dumbest things. When my mom died in a car accident 6 months ago she was with me all day and until 7pm that evening. She even went with me to the coroners office to get my mom's belongings. Two days later she brought my family dinner and a air mattress for us so my grandmother could have mine and hubys bed. She even donated some money to the memorial sign that will go up at the accident site. We have always been there for each other no matter what else is going on at the time. I am so glad we were introduced couldn't imagine my life without her. It would be so dang boring LOL

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terri-553
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM

My BBF/I are sisters from differnet Moms.We,both have 5 sons/1daughter grands.We have been writing for almost 20 years,we chat on the phone-email everyday,Yep-she is my BBFever

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Yep. Been BFF since we were 13. We are probably closer than sisters. We have brothers so we are each others sisters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Yup, She is awesome

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I had a BFF for nearly 18 years.  She was my neighbor when we bought our first house.  Unfortunately, our friendship ended this summer after she shared she had been having an affair for the past year.

Normally, I wouldn't walk away from friendship for such dumb decisions....But the flip side is, I stood by her when her husband whom she's hated the entire time she was married was caught watching her daughter (my friend had her before she married this guy) shower when the daughter was just 12 years old.  Oh sure, she kicked him out.....but took him back....and, he did it again.  I stood by her when I thought she should have divorced him YEARS ago, yet she didn't...and she still hated him...there was no mending their marriage and his nasty addictions.  So, when she disclosed she was finally going to divorce him, I was overjoyed and supportive until I realized she was only leaving him because she'd been having an affair (with another married man no less) for a year and hadn't breathed a word to me.

I walked away...sad, mad, disgusted, heart broken.  Not so much because of the affair, but because she stayed with the nasty husband for 5 years after knowing he had struggled with Voyeurism towards her daughter and basically, SHE let it happen by not leaving him then.  But for some Other scumbag, she'll leave.....and it only makes her look like a tramp to her now young adult children...they've since forgotten what their step dad did as their moms actions have trumped his.  

A bad ending to what was a very nice friendship.  

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM

yes and no..My BFF lives in another state but we chat a lot on IM and do tend to get silly sometimes. We don't talk on the phone often because she knows I hate talking on the phone. I have poste here in group amny times about what a wonderful friend she is and the things she has done but it hasn't even scratched the surface.

Shellness
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM

No, I do not. I am not that lucky at the moment. I have had them of course, in the past. I have my husband now. He's the best friend I've ever had so I guess its ok. My girls are my best girlfriends now. They are 22 and 17. I'm lucky when you think about it.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Right now I do but don't ,lol. The one perso I consider my BFF hasn'tt alked to me in about 10 years. After I left my ex and moved to MO we were still close and then out of no where she started not taking my phone calls and returning my letters and unfriended me on the computer.  I learned from my brother who saw her occasionally that she said I used her some how.  The only thing that I found out from another mutual friend was she said my ex had told her bunch crap about me that wasn't true.  But I guess SHE believed it.  I know I hurt her when I left becuase the day I did I didn't go by and say goodbye to her. But we had talked abou that and she understood why.  We became friends when I was in 6th grade and she was in 5th and we always had each others back no matter what.  We called each others Moms,"MOM" and were considered part of each others families.  Where you saw one of us the other wasn't far behind. We held each other through broken hearts of young love,through a abortion,child birth,cheating husbands and divorces.  Her family helped me out and were there for me when my own wasn't.  I could call her or vice versa and we knew there would be help on the other end.  Shes not my blood sister but shes my sisterof choice and of heart.  I pray every day that some how we'll reconcile and be friends again. Its like part of me is missing with out her.  I sent her a Christmas card this year,it wasn't returned,but I also never got any aknowledgement she recieved it either.

But I am lucky enough to have another very close friend thats like a little sister to me and we've been friends for the last 23 years. Our kids grew up together from the time her twins were 4 and Kecia was 5.  They moved in across the street from me out in MD and we got to be friends when our little ones wanted to play with each other in our front yards.  We went through alot together also shared so many highs and lows. My ex almost dieing of heart failure,when her little girl was born they thought she might not make it.  All the things you go through with children and marriages.  We could talk for hours on the phone and still can!  And no matter how long it is between times we see each other its like it was just an hour ago.  And yep both of them know things about me that they could deffinitly blackmail me and vice versa.   Unfortunatly in all the 12 years I've lived here in MO I haven't been lucky enough to make any close friends like that.

I guess thats why I spend so much time on the computer. :)

And I miss calling up a lady friend to go shopping with or just to chat or having a sympathetic ear on the other end of the phone.To laugh with over silly things or gripe about our husbands.lol

That reminds me,I think I'll call my lady in a bit to see what shes up to.

caro100
by Carol on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Yes, we met at work, but she and I hit it off, she is al most 10 years younger, but we have such a good time that the years don't matter.

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Not any more. I have several friends, mostly online. I have 3 friends who live local but they work and I hardly ever see them. I have a bff that lives about 6 hours away but see her once a year.

I miss my bff days. :(

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Lucky me, I have not one but six and we have been BFF's since 6th grade (and that was ever so long ago).  We have been separated by miles many times over the years, but never quit communicating and sharing.  We lunch together, we camp together (with our husbands, of course).  We laugh together and we cry together.  They know me as no one else does.  I lost my only birth sister a couple years ago and these gals are truly sisters of the heart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN