Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Love my kids and grandchildren...in-laws hurt and disappointed me

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM
  • 24 Replies

Thank you for accepting me to your group...I am new to all of this and probably making some errors. I live in New York State. I have two children whom I love dearly as well as five gorgeous grandchildren who are the joy of my life. My children are not from my present marriage and in-laws haven't accepted me or them. Sad, disappointed and confused.

disappointedtoo

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cpilz1965
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:30 AM

just keep being yourself and as nice as you can the problem is not you the problem is  with them let them have there problem its only going to hurt them not getting to know you for you and letting the ex be exs there is a reason for them being exs. your  spouse should should be on your side at all times and keep letting them know you are going no were and you are a great person that's why he is in love with you and they should get to know you ad see you for who you are stay strong do not let get you down the problem is with them my prayers with you always i know its hard

jules8289
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:07 AM

Just keep smiling and doing everything you would do if they did accept you. My in laws didn't accept their own grandchildren by me and DH. Stating they just didn't know who I may have been with??? They did'nt even acknowlege their only Grandsons birthday til he was 5. People are the way they are. Just keep being you and soon they should see how great you are. How long have you been married?

nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Hi and welcome to the group. Just keep being yourself and hopefully your in laws will come around
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
terri-553
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Sometimes it either takes time/or they never like you,WhenI first married Roy(his Mom)told me I was not her choice,I already had 3 kids/she wasn;t going to be mean to them,but she didn;t like me marrying her son,I told it wasn;t her choice,we both loved him/wanted him to be happy.Over time we had 3 more sons.Jo /Igot to be great friends when she was dying I stayed w/her at night,We,were there when she took her last breath,Before she died she wrote me a note telling me how much she loved me.And I told her I loved her back,Sometimes,stories w/in-laws are /have great ending,His youngest sister I won;t give you 2 cents for

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Hello and welcome. Sorry about your in-laws. Sometimes it may just take some time for people to ajust.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Hi and welcome to the group.  I'm sorry about your inlaws.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Welcome to the group. I live in NYS also love the scenery but hate the snow LOL. As far as the in-laws go.....Just keep being you, hopefully they will change their minds about you.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully in time they will change.  I agree that in the meantime you should just keep being you and try to be patient.  I always think of my in-laws.  They had four kids and as the kids got married they gained step grandchildren.  My husband's first wife already had a child when they married, one of my bil's married a gal with a son, and my sil married a man with 2 kids.  And each of them went on to have kids of their own.  If you would have lined all the grands up, you would not have known which was the step and which was blood.  My in-laws loved each and everyone of them and treated them all the same.  When I married my hubby, my husband accepted his stepson and his daughter as grandkids, no question.    Maybe it's more difficult to accept older step grandchildren, but they should still be accepted and treated with respect and consideration.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.  I'm sorry your in-laws are treating you badly.  How long has it been?  Does your husband stick up for you?

Shellness
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I'm sorry they are treating you that way. Isn't it strange how people have such a very small capasity to love? They are stupid. You keep you head up, stay away from people who cause you pain and live a happy life despite them all. You did it before you knew them, you can do it now.

Welcome to our group. I hope to get to know you better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN