Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for January 10th

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:51 AM
  • 10 Replies

What kinds of meals do you make the day before and then just warm up or pop in the oven or crock pot?

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:15 AM

none

nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Idk why but I never do that. Do you? It is a very good idea
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I really don't, except for holidays.  Then I'll do mac & cheese (fantastic recipe!!!) and stuffing.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Today at 12:26 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM

We don't do that really :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I have lots of casseroles that I make the night before to just pop in the oven when I get home. Ramen& Veggie Casserole, Salisbury Steak, Chilli, Taco Soup. It's such a time saver when I get home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I don't do that.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM

As a general rule I don't do that.  Occasionally a brunch or breakfast casserole that I prepare the night before and a couple dishes before a holiday meal get made the day before.  I do sometimes make a large amount of something so I can put half in the freezer to have another day.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Quoting mac1940:

As a general rule I don't do that.  Occasionally a brunch or breakfast casserole that I prepare the night before and a couple dishes before a holiday meal get made the day before.  I do sometimes make a large amount of something so I can put half in the freezer to have another day.

Same here. I have made things to reheat the next day for a party like sloppy joes, roast beef, manicotti. Stuff like that. Depends on the time crunch! 

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM

When I was working and doing the 3pm to 11pm shift I used to do it so either Larry or my daughter could just reheat or stick in the oven to cook.  I used to make stews and soups,casseroles anything where pretty much everything was in one dish.lol  Sometimes I'd make up meatloaf or salsibury steak and they would just cook it in the oven and make up veggies.

But now that I'm home I do it only for large family get togethers like the holidays and BBq's.  Or if I know I'm going to be out th next day,sometimes I'll throw something together the night before so it just heat and eat.

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I cook everyday. Rarely do I cook 'ahead' of time. If I do, I cook a bunch of taco meat and then I can use it in a casserole or tacos, taco salad and so on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN