Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

cougar

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 73 Replies

What do you consider a cougar? You know, a woman MUCH older than a man/boy in a relationship.

Do you think it is ok?

Would you date a younger man? If so, how young?

The older I get, the more I'm thinking yes. Why? Because the older I get the more...I want to be...well. Active ;) wink wink   Older men can't keep up or keep it up! LOL So a younger man would be nice EXCEPT for the immature part.

In my thinking.

Weigh in ladies on your thoughts, feelings, opinions.

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lorirose
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:59 PM
My son is 27 and his girlfriend is 46. I was very upset when they started dating. But they have been together for six years and they are very happy. I really like her too so I am ok with it now. She is only 3 years younger than me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylulu1
by Amy on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I wouldn't mind having a young hottie, however, it probably wouldn't do me any favors emotionally!  I would be too insecure and I know it!!  LOL 

I don't think I could date anyone under 30.  I am 40 (soon to be 41)

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I'm insecure and don't have to worry. I'm married but can't see IF I was single that any young hottie would want me. I'd be a lonely old cat lady.

30 and 40 is not bad.

Do you consider that a cougar?

Quoting amylulu1:

I wouldn't mind having a young hottie, however, it probably wouldn't do me any favors emotionally!  I would be too insecure and I know it!!  LOL 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL  Well....someone who was breathing and had a job would be nice to me about now!!   LOL  LOL  LOL  Ok ok...yes....I think in some ways a young man would be nice but in other ways....it wouldn't work for me.  lol  NOT that I have to worry about it...I'm just saying.  lol 

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM

WHOA that would totally not be ok with me. Even if I liked her  I don't think I could get used to my DIL (maybe one day) being my age.

I have a friend who is married to a much older man. She is only 6 years older than his son. Her best friend is her DIL. They get along great , which is strange that her kids are growing up with her grandkids. Odd to me.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about it. Glad you get along.

Quoting lorirose:

My son is 27 and his girlfriend is 46. I was very upset when they started dating. But they have been together for six years and they are very happy. I really like her too so I am ok with it now. She is only 3 years younger than me.

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:09 PM

LOL

Right! Lou Ann you are a gorgeous woman and I am SURE if you were out of the house more, you'd find a nice young buck to keep ya company.

Quoting louannwilkins:

LOL  Well....someone who was breathing and had a job would be nice to me about now!!   LOL  LOL  LOL  Ok ok...yes....I think in some ways a young man would be nice but in other ways....it wouldn't work for me.  lol  NOT that I have to worry about it...I'm just saying.  lol 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:11 PM

LOL  yea right....love is blind and you just love me!!  But thanks.....lol

Quoting homeskoolmama:

LOL

Right! Lou Ann you are a gorgeous woman and I am SURE if you were out of the house more, you'd find a nice young buck to keep ya company.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:19 PM

My daughters husband is almost 9 years younger than me..the age doesn't really bother..sometimes when he calls me mom does though..lol

Quoting homeskoolmama:

WHOA that would totally not be ok with me. Even if I liked her  I don't think I could get used to my DIL (maybe one day) being my age.

I have a friend who is married to a much older man. She is only 6 years older than his son. Her best friend is her DIL. They get along great , which is strange that her kids are growing up with her grandkids. Odd to me.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about it. Glad you get along.

Quoting lorirose:

Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM

and NO WAY..I could never date a younger man..it would drive me crazy..I have enough kids

amylulu1
by Amy on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Nah, you're right.  A 10 year difference wouldn't be cougar quality.  More like 15-20 years.  I couldn't see myself dating someone that doesn't even know who Wham! or Culture Club is, LOL.  I AM the lonely old cat lady!!!!

Quoting homeskoolmama:

I'm insecure and don't have to worry. I'm married but can't see IF I was single that any young hottie would want me. I'd be a lonely old cat lady.

30 and 40 is not bad.

Do you consider that a cougar?

Quoting amylulu1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)