Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for January 11th

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:24 AM
  • 13 Replies

What was the last NEW recipe you made?

Where did you get the recipe?

Did you and the fam like it?

Will you make it again?

If so, is there anything you would do differently?

Take is seriously!! GET YOUR PAP!

~~CINDY

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I made home made marshmallows

I got the recipe from pinterest

they were very Good. My hubby and the grandkids loved them!
I think I will make them again but add different flavorings
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I made a pumpkin pie cake for Thanksgiving.  It used yellow cake mix as the crust.  I didn't like the way it turned out and won't make it again.  I'll use the refrigerated pie crust from now on, thank you.  Of course my dad liked it.  But he'll eat anything.  LOL

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM

What was the last NEW recipe you made? I made Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops last night.

Where did you get the recipe? Allrecipes.com

Did you and the fam like it? We all loved it.

Will you make it again? Absolutely.

If so, is there anything you would do differently? Nope, this recipes was great as is.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I made a new recipe either last week or the week before,
I get many from the Dinner group here :)

Shellness
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Not so very new but used new techniques. 

I made chicken and dumplings last night and it was the best I've ever made. I grated a carrot, grated a stem of celery, diced a small onion, put in a tablespoon of dried rosemary and basil, salt and pepper. I think the grating was important for optimal flavor. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. No dry breast for me. It was a good decision. Simmered this all. I also added some chicken boullion for a richer flavor. Then I used drop biscuits for the dumplings. This thickened the broth. 

It was amazing! LOL

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:40 AM

It was more than a year ago for a division meeting.  It was ok.  My daughter in law and my sons best friend liked it.  I no longer make things for the division meetings.  I have been buying shrimp rings.  Those really go.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM

The skillet apple pie recipe I shared on here. I got itoff line but can't remember what site. It was very good and it has been asked for again. I usuall doctor them up a little any way. I added more cinnamon and sugar for mixing the apples in and sprinkled the top with cinnamon sugar instead of just sugar.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Whiskey Marinade

Food.com

I used it with boneless pork ribs. I broiled it once (like the recipe said) and braised it once. We all liked it. Braising it worked well. I liked it better than the broiling because broiling did dry out some parts.

There is another recipe for Whiskey Marinade at allrecipes.com I would like to try.

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:28 PM

My lemon pie, it is on my blog. WE LOVED IT and it is a keeper

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Got the recipe from Trisha's Southern cooking on FoodNetwork for crockpot chocolate covered peanuts and while it was okay and the kids loved it, I didn't care so much for it, so probably won't make it again.  I make triple dipped chocolate peanuts that are MUCH better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN