Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for January 12th

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:45 AM
  • 9 Replies

What is your pet peeve at the dinner table? When you are sitting around the table with your family or friends, what can someone do to drive you batty?

Take is seriously!! GET YOUR PAP!

~~CINDY

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GabbiSue
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM
2 moms liked this

I do NOT allow phones at my table !

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I hate when I'm at a restaurant with someone and they are on their phone or texting. 

I dislike when someone shovels their food into their mouths, slow down, no one is going to take it from you. My oldest DS does this!

jules8289
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Pick at their teeth or suck at their teeth to get those little bits of food out. Chewing with your mouth open. Ugh! Coughing or blowing your nose. All of that stuff makes me want to leave the table.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:50 PM

A boarding out reach upsets me.  Don't have many problems with annoyances at the table since most of the time it's dh and I eating there.  One thing that used to upset me was a foster son who instead of cutting his meat into bite sized pieces, would stab it in the center with his fork and then take bites off it.  Hated that.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM

When I was growing up, my brother simply BREATHING used to drive me batty!  LOL.

When I was married I became increasingly annoyed by my husband, who would simply grunt, "gimme the salt."  I learned quickly that delivery make all the difference.  If he had said, "Would you please pass me the salt?" I don't think I'd have gotten as annoyed with him. 

Now my only pet peeve "at the dinner table" is I do get pee(v)ed when my pet(s) try to climb on my lap while I'm eating.  lol.  Of course it's just me and I don't sit at a dinner table but rather am sitting the couch.  But why is that?  If I have something in my lap, the cats feel they MUST replace that object with themselves.  lol.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Someone chewing with their mouth open or talking with a mouth full of food. I have to get on my grandkids constantly and their 26 yo Mom!  I'm like I know I taught you manners!   And my granddaughterhas gotten into the habit of trying to rush through her meals. I'm like you're not at school and there is no recess afterwards,sooooo slow down and stay awhile.

And at resturaunts I get really tired of setting near someone who is talking on their phone so loud,the whole resturaunt can probablly hear them.  They have no smoking areas,now they should have a no phone zone!

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Talk with his/her mouth full.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM

If you want to get me ticked OFF let me hear someone blow their nose at the table.  I mean, seriously???????   OMG I hate this!!!  lol  You can believe it doesn't happen here but when you go out to eat you can hear it or see it happen.  Ewwwww....nasty

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:32 AM

People who smack, chew with their mouths open and who can't leave their cell phones alone long enough to enjoy a meal and some real conversation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN