Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wow...finally

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 12 Replies
3 moms liked this

Finally, we had a good weekend.

dh and I don't get along and my marriage has been a...we live in the same house...for some time now.

anywho!

This weekend, we had a great time! SHOCKER

He is trying, finally, to do things together and reconnect. His mother died a few weeks ago and he is re-evaluating life. Let's see how long it last!

So anyway,I did NOT cooking all weekend, which is shocking considering I write a food blog. We ate out, ate leftovers and went to some new places. 

Friday he brought home supper and we talked. BIG deal for us. Saturday we left early, went to Sam's, Wal-Mart, the trash dump and driving around. Had lunch at Sonic and went downtown to the new revitalized area and ate at a new resturant (new for us) Beef O'Bradys. Great food but expensive. Went home, talked, surfed fb together and had some laughs. Sunday we did not much most of the day, then later went out and had Mellow Mango frozen yogurt, went shopping/lookin/searching for new food ideas for my blog over at Harris Teeter, came home ate leftovers and watched Once Upon A Time and Downton Abbey.

GREAT weekend for us and the best one in AGES

I hope it last but let's say I'm not holding my breath. He's turned over a new leaf a dozen times and in never last more than 2 months. We'll see, for now, I'll enjoy it.

Dawn; daughter, wife, mom, MiMi

Blogger @ http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com  and

writer for:  www.foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad Dawn!!  Better late than never and I'm hoping and praying that he stays this way!!!!!  Maybe it was an eye opener for him.  Let's hope anyway.  Sounds like you had a great weekend and I'm SO SO happy!!!   :)

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I am also glad that you had a good weekend.  Since there are so few of them it kind of makes it special when it happens.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I hope things work out for you.

nana9106
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM
That's wonderful Dawn! I hope it is a permanent trend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM

And I hope this will continue on and on for you.  The eating out could get spendy but the togetherness in all other areas would be wonderful .....for both of you.

amylulu1
by Amy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I'm glad that you had such a wonderful weekend!  I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will last...

I watched Downton Abbey for the first time last night and I LOVED it!!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

clapping  I hope it continues!

DesignGirl450
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I am happy for you.  If things slip, remind him of this weekend, how connected you both felt, and how close.  Good luck. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I'm glad he's trying.  Hope it continues!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I hope this time it sticks and I am glad you had a good weekend!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)