Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

When was the last time you rode a bicycle?

Posted by   + Show Post

DD21 and I went for a bike ride yesterday.  It is something we always say were going to do but never do it.  We rode for about 6 miles.

We rode on a back country road with green rolling hills, cows and their babies staring at us while chewing their cuds( all the babies were white) big houses with smoke coming out of the chimneys,  horses, goats, chickens and peacocks in their yards.  

When was the last time you went for a bike ride?  Who did you go with and where did you ride?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Replies (41-49):
cpilz1965
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:27 AM

i know just thinking back to that time makes my body ache and i will never Even think of doing it again

cpilz1965
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I so know how you were feeling been there done that

Simmeringhearts
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I ride during the summer with my 7 and 8 year old.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I dont blame her, could be scary for a little one to be so out of control.  I hope she will overcome it.

Quoting LEK19:

About two years ago she wiped out going down a hill. She basically took a little over a year to feel comfortable and trust herself again on a bike. This past year we lived in a small town on a hill. There was no place for her to really practice without loading up the bike and going somewhere else. The end of this past summer she really rode without training wheels. So she is a bit behind. We now live in a "flatter" town, so we are hoping she will get good enough in her biking skills to go for family rides. She still spooks when it comes to hills.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Your little dd dosent have any interest in bike riding?

Quoting LEK19:

Sounds like you had a nice ride! The last time I rode a bike was about 9 yrs ago. My SO and I rode together a few times, but most of the time it was by myself through town and in the country.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM

It must of been like a form of torture for you.

Quoting cpilz1965:

i know just thinking back to that time makes my body ache and i will never Even think of doing it again

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Kudos! What great quality family time.

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

I ride during the summer with my 7 and 8 year old.

CREATIONS2013
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Just about a month ago, I bought it last spring & love it!  Can't wait for the weather to be nice again!!

typing

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Sweet!  Good for you!

Quoting CREATIONS2013:

Just about a month ago, I bought it last spring & love it!  Can't wait for the weather to be nice again!!

cpilz1965
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

torture is not the word for it i will keep Ike riding to the kids and away from me. this is a activity i will be a bystander for the rest of my life and love it

Quoting Esmrlda:

Oh my gosh what a horrible experience!

Quoting cpilz1965:

As for me lets see my youngest daughter will be 21 next month and my 3 rd daughter Stephanie was a junior in high school and her sister who is 16 months older was a senior i thought i would try to ride there bike to the high school to get my van so as they would not have to leave school well that was almost too many years ago i think it was 2006 well guess what only got 3 blocks from home I was dying in pain could not do it but i did get there put bike in van and never again will I get on a bike I'm too old for one

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN