Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child development class WTH!!!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM
  • 27 Replies

So my friend calls me up this morning and asks me to take her to pick up her daughter in H.S. Daughter was feeling bad.  Come to find out DD had been up all night with a 900.00 fake baby for child developement class and she was wore out.  Friend and I were laughing and saying good birthcontrol class.  DD said teacher in child development class said going home wasn't an option, DD said it is NOW and left, baby in tow.  What friend and I are wondering is ... Why isn't this a weekend assignment, instead of during regular classes?  I think the assignment is okay, but REALLY!  What does the school expect?  If they create that kind of scenario, they gotta expect all kinds of reactions, including kids going home from exhaustion.  Any way, as I said GOOD BIRTH CONTROL CLASS.  

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:14 PM

LOL My daughter had to do the samething when she in 9th or 10th grade. Every time she put the doll down it would start hollering.  About half way through the night,I was about ready to scream!  She had a very spoiled,baby doll.lol

Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM
2 moms liked this

my daughter got her twin brothers when she was 12..so...I may never be a grandma

caro100
by Carol on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM

LOL

Quoting Rileyscute:

my daughter got her twin brothers when she was 12..so...I may never be a grandma

caro100
by Carol on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Yeah, it takes a full half hour to burp the baby,  Maybe the  batteries are runnig out, only took 1-15 minutes for my real babies to burp.

Quoting kuntrylady56:

LOL My daughter had to do the samething when she in 9th or 10th grade. Every time she put the doll down it would start hollering.  About half way through the night,I was about ready to scream!  She had a very spoiled,baby doll.lol

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so glad they didn't have that in our kid's school but I gotta say I think it is the BEST birth control ever!   Also, I would never allow my kid to defy a teacher like that.

nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Great form of birth control! I think maybe they are using 'real life' type scenarios. How many times have you been up all night with the baby and still had to go to work the next day?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by Carol on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Yes, I know,but in real life this particular girl's Mom would be helping with the night stuff.  She took in her oldest son's 17y/o girlfriend after he got her pregnant and the girl's own Mom kicked her out.  So for this girl going home and letting Mom mind the baby while she slept was REAL LIFE.  LOL

Quoting nana9106:

Great form of birth control! I think maybe they are using 'real life' type scenarios. How many times have you been up all night with the baby and still had to go to work the next day?

Byrd15
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Hahahaha that's awsome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I think dd21 had to carry around a flour bag for her child development class. In my day it was a egg.

caro100
by Carol on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM

My son Dylan had to carry around a flour sack and he had it taped up, because he had to carry it around for a week.  Child services would have been called for sure. LOL

Quoting Esmrlda:

I think dd21 had to carry around a flour bag for her child development class. In my day it was a egg.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)