Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Child development class WTH!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So my friend calls me up this morning and asks me to take her to pick up her daughter in H.S. Daughter was feeling bad.  Come to find out DD had been up all night with a 900.00 fake baby for child developement class and she was wore out.  Friend and I were laughing and saying good birthcontrol class.  DD said teacher in child development class said going home wasn't an option, DD said it is NOW and left, baby in tow.  What friend and I are wondering is ... Why isn't this a weekend assignment, instead of during regular classes?  I think the assignment is okay, but REALLY!  What does the school expect?  If they create that kind of scenario, they gotta expect all kinds of reactions, including kids going home from exhaustion.  Any way, as I said GOOD BIRTH CONTROL CLASS.  

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Replies (21-27):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 12:34 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Well it sure allows them to see what it would really be like,
They do that here now as well ;)

passionatebren
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Two of my girls have had to bring that dang baby home. It was always durning the week. I told them I was not the babysitter and that they had to figure it out. It does give them a sense of what it would be like if they had their own baby. My 20 year old has a almost 2 year old and has found out it's even more than what the fake baby was she can't give this one back lol. Anyway I would have made my daughter stay in school it was part of the lesson and the grade with this class.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Well, if a girl gets pregnant and has a baby, she doesn't just get to have the responsibility of being a parent on weekends only.
I agree, the teens mom should have left her there. Clearly she didnt have the means available to pick up her own teenage daughter and yet she still bugged you to go get her.
That is one enabling family from the sounds of it. That mom would be the type who would end up raising her grandchild because her daughter would be too tired.
I'd would have left my teen in school. It defeats the whole purpose of taking a child development class. And in high school, there are other options of science class.
Just my opinion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I understand your frustration. But, real parents don't get to be parents on just the weekends. Better she gets tired now, and learn from it, then possibly actually get preganant. KWIM? BTW: I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Just making a point!

wonderstruck11
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I was in a child development class in high school and I took home that baby three times. Once, it was over the weekend, but only vecause my teacher was goin to be at school Saturday so I could drop the baby off. Most don't do it on the weekend because they don't want the teens to have to take care of it two full days instead of just the one night. Most can barely survive the one night.

I loved it. The last two times I took it was just extra credit.

The class, when my teacher suggested doing it over a weekend for extra credit, all seemed apalled by that. No high schooler wants to have to watch a fake baby through their entire weekend. They need those days off to relax after a hard week, or else they will be hellians when they come back.
Babys are hard, and them keeping you up late and making you tired the next day is a good life lesson. My dd sleeps through the night, but usually the days she doesn't, are the mornings I have to be up early. Thats just how it is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM
She should not left. It was showing real life. Bet she won't be having unprotected sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Don't take the class if you don't wanna do the work for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)