Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Welcome to Moms With Adult Kids! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Moms With Adult Kids group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Moms With Adult Kids!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Replies (881-890):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Hello and welcome to the group!  We're so happy to have you   :)

Quoting JosieG74:

Hi,  I am 39 with 3 boys, ages 21, 20 and 17.  The youngest two still live with me, and the oldest said he wants to come live with me.  With his girlfriend.  I am separated, for the first time in 23 years I am alone at home with the children.  I am a disabled vet who struggles to teach the boys what to do.  Frustrated and happy. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Hello and welcome to the group!  Sounds like you have a wonderful family full with lots of furry babies too   :)

Quoting kwhitney333:

Hello all,  I am in my early 50's, I have two grown children. My daughter is 31,  with three beautiful girls and number 4 on the way. My son is 27 has a great job and a nice girl friend.  My husband and I live in north GA with our 4 dogs and 3 cats we call them our 4 legged children. My son lives here in GA and my daughter in northern CA where we are from...We are gutting our home as it was my husbands grandmothers home and is about 35 years old we are replacing fixtures, floors, plumbing, and painting. All by our selves not really a choice we just want to make it nice and we cant just hire someone to do it.  Not something I thought I would be doing at 52 but when life gives you lemons you make lemonade, besides I really love lemons...LOL

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Welcome to the group!  You'll find lots of women here who can relate to what you're going through or at least be good listeners as you vent.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you  :)

Quoting EileenBx:

Hi, I'm a semi-retired mother (not 100% by choice) of a newly turned 18 year old daughter who will be a Freshman in college next year. This past month, she has opened her own checking account, opened a phone contract agreement, gone on the pill (she claims because of cramps), has a 6-month relationship with her bf and spends more time away from home with her friends. I am experiencing the first stages of the "empty nest syndrome" . Although I'm a prolific reader and knitting at this time in my life, I do miss her when she's out with her friends and bf. When she's home, she's walled up in her room on her iPhone or computer and doesn't interface with me except to be fed or need her laundry done. I am feeling very unappreciated (not to mentioned used) and have decided to get on with unfinished business. So, exercise, dieting and writing a book are on my bucket list for the next 3 months. Hopefully, this will keep me busy with much anticipated goals. I have many pets to keep me company and just saw 4 Turtle Doves (not kidding) in my back yard, 4 days before Christmas. Is this a sign?

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Hello Anna and welcome to the group!  We're so happy to have you here   :)

Quoting BelleLola2550:

My name is Anna Belle, but I go by Anna. One son , who is 19. He is attending trade school this year and seems to really like it. I work in a retirement home as a housekeeper and I really enjoy my job. I am happy to have discovered CM and look forward to my time here.

dancer33
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I'm Therasa I live in PA with my DH of 21 years and 2 daughters 20 and 18  

melodey
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I have a 28 year old and a 23 year old. I love them so much but everything i told them not to do they do it. It hurts so bad. Now i have 3 grandkids that live with me. There 20months, 3 years old and a 5 year old. I love them so much but i want to be grandma. They have till april to get them back and i'm hoping and praying they change so they can get them back.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Welcome to the group Theresa,
Do both your daughters still live at home?
Hope you enjoy this group :)

Quoting dancer33:

I'm Therasa I live in PA with my DH of 21 years and 2 daughters 20 and 18  

Dodiec
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Hello I'm Dodie , I'm 47 and mom to a 23 year old next month . Elizabeth is turning into a delightful lady . She is special needs ( borderline personality , schizophrenia , and anxiety ) she lives in adult home with three other ladies . My husband have a relationship with her she knows we are there for her . 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Welcome to the group Dodie,
So glad she knows you are there for her.
Wherebouts do you live/
I think you'll really enjoy this group :)

Quoting Dodiec:

Hello I'm Dodie , I'm 47 and mom to a 23 year old next month . Elizabeth is turning into a delightful lady . She is special needs ( borderline personality , schizophrenia , and anxiety ) she lives in adult home with three other ladies . My husband have a relationship with her she knows we are there for her . 

Dodiec
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:14 AM

We live in Duluth Mn , frozen tundra 

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)