Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Coey's absence made me start wondering....

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
  • 47 Replies
.... This group has become a pretty tight group of wonderful women. We may get on each other's nerves every now and then, and we may have a bit of drama, but I think we've all grown to really care about each other. If something were to happen to YOU, is there any way that the rest of us would know? Are you in contact with anyone in the group in other ways besides here on cafemom?

Really, if it weren't for Ronna's detective work, we'd never know about Coey. (Thank you, Ronna!!!!!) It makes me sad to think that something could happen to one of us, and no one else here would know till our absence is very noticeable. Whaddya say, would you exchange personal information with at least one other person in the group, so that we'd know if you needed help of any kind? If you were in the hospital with no way of contacting us via internet?

A few of you are my facebook friends, but even then, that goes back to what if we had no internet contact?

Just something to think about.
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I have thought the same thing not only in this group but my aqua exercise group.  What if I was killed, would anyone notice?  I told my dd is I were to die she was to go on Cafemom and put a notice on my homepage ;)

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Even if somebody, like Coey, got sick and couldn't come here, there should be a way to reach someone who knows them.

Quoting jabs54:

I have thought the same thing not only in this group but my aqua exercise group.  What if I was killed, would anyone notice?  I told my dd is I were to die she was to go on Cafemom and put a notice on my homepage ;)

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, LadySaphira has my address and I have hers. We should do a buddy system.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

When Veronica went missing LadySaphia, Stepmominhell and I tracked her down, I had her address and Lisa called around and found out about what had happened to her, where she was and why she dropped out of the group. Stepmominhell was going to go to her house and see if she was still alive but we decided not to since we found out what was going on with her.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I thik doing a Buddy system type thing is a good idea for those who want to/are willing to participate. Perhaps send our buddy our address and phone number.

I know my girls would post on their FB pages (and probably mine) if anything were to happen to me.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

can you share what happened?  Do you know if Veronica is okay?  That's all I'm curious to know.   I don't need details or anything but I remember things were getting nuts with her husband  and even her son?

Quoting Esmrlda:

When Veronica went missing LadySaphia, Stepmominhell and I tracked her down, I had her address and Lisa called around and found out about what had happened to her, where she was and why she dropped out of the group. Stepmominhell was going to go to her house and see if she was still alive but we decided not to since we found out what was going on with her.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM

and yes, I agree a buddy system is a wonderful idea.  I am solo, too, so if I had one of those "help, I've fallen and I can't get up" moments, - well, I don't subscribe to Life Alert - and my cats would probably decide to eat me since I can't feed them ... lol.

Shellness
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I have no objection to anyone in this group sending me a friend request on facebook. You can find my under Michell Clark Scott.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Hey, same goes for me, too!  Ronna Harlow. 

Quoting Shellness:

I have no objection to anyone in this group sending me a friend request on facebook. You can find my under Michell Clark Scott.

passionatebren
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I have no objections to being friended on Facebook Brenda Burch :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)