Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I'm scared...

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 22 Replies

There is a wind advisory tonight, 40 mph wind gusts. It's so loud out there.  We have 58 yr old trees next to our house.  My bedroom is very close to a big tree...

:(

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by Michell on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I'm sorry you are scared! Stay out of that bedroom for sure until it calms down. I know the feeling. With the hurricanes I just do NOT understand why people planted Oak trees right beside their houses here! I've seen so many houses messed up not from the winds, but from the trees falling on them. Hopefully your trees have a good root system and all will be well.

YOu will be ok! Do you live alone?

Shellness
by Michell on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Where do you live?

jules8289
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I get worried too! We have a lot of old trees around our house and the wind is howling through every nook and crack it can tonight. Wind advisories are up til 7am Sunday morning. Your best bet is to go to sleep and hopefully sleep through most of it. All will be fine. Those trees have been there for 54 years cause their good strong old trees. I tell myself that frequently. lol  We live in North West Ohio near Toledo.

Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I am petrified..we have a lot of wind here too tonight..if the last several years had not been so bad..and the damage..I would hardly think of it

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Quoting Shellness:

Where do you live?

I live in Wisconsin.  We have a lot of tree damage from wind or snow.  I live with my dh and dd but my dh and I have separate bedrooms as he works nights. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Quoting jules8289:

I get worried too! We have a lot of old trees around our house and the wind is howling through every nook and crack it can tonight. Wind advisories are up til 7am Sunday morning. Your best bet is to go to sleep and hopefully sleep through most of it. All will be fine. Those trees have been there for 54 years cause their good strong old trees. I tell myself that frequently. lol  We live in North West Ohio near Toledo.

But we had HUGE branches of the tree come down last year.  Crushed our play house in the back yard.  I had the back trees trimmed last summer but didn't have the front ones (by our bedrooms) because it is so expensive.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Quoting Rileyscute:

I am petrified..we have a lot of wind here too tonight..if the last several years had not been so bad..and the damage..I would hardly think of it

Where do you live?  Hope you stay safe!

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Wind has gotten high here. Very high gusts. We have no big trees. Only trees we have were planted 10 years ago so not huge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Rileyscute:

Where do you live?  Hope you stay safe!

Ohio...

we will seriously never be able to burn all the wood/branches we have lost in the last few years

jules8289
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM

We had some branches come down and crush our pick up truck a couple of years ago. We also lost a crab apple tree. We always have some kind of branches coming down from wind. But wouldn't you know it....a couple of years ago our very small town had a tornado come through and it JUST passed our property by a football fields distance away. Not a single twig down when that happened and nearly half the town was damaged and 6 people died. Go figure!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)