Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Made birthday/anniversary list

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

As Mom has gotten more frail,  I realized I can't rely on her anymore to remind me about birthdays, and she couldn't remember years at all (neither could I.) So I typed out a list of birthdays and anniversaries for all of our surviving family members. I called and emailed everyone whose dates I didn't have,  then mailed and emailed the list to everyone. So now there won't be a need to wonder when this one was born or how old that grandchild is. And it won't be crucial to transfer dates to the calendar.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM

That is a great idea. I am the go-to preson in my family when someone needs a date...for whatever reason, I remember dates

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I also, am the go to person in my family.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Great idea!
Good you went ahead & did/thought about that :)

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I have kept a list for years and it has been a life saver.  This year for Christmas, my BIL put together calenders with everything marked on the appropriate day for everyone.  Each family was printed in a different color, it was a really neat thing.  So when January is up, I can see who is having a birthday or anniversary and which family they are a part of.

Shellness
by Michell on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM

That was a nice thing for you to do :)

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Good idea. My mom calls me and says it is so and so birthday today. I have it all on my calendar. My boys don't know anyones birthday but their own! HOPEFULLY they will remember mine :)

sweetnana1964
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Whenever we get a new calendar we put everyone's birthday and anniversaries on them to help us remember.  We even put their ages and how many years they are married :)

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM

That was really nice of you to take the initiative to do that. 

The only birthdays I acknowledge (other than grandchildren and children) is my sibs and my husband sibs.   I just write the birthdays of my family in my calendar every year.  My dh's brother gives us a photo calender every year that has their birthdays on it.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Good idea!  Our family is on Geni.com which is a family tree so everyone gets an email when there is a birthday or anniversary.  But of coarse wouldnt work if you dont have e mail.

nybor48
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM

When I was younger and my mind sharper, I could always remember everyones birthdays... (except my brothers.. I knew what month, just could never remember the days...long story)  any who.... I could never understand how my mom could never remember birthdates... now that I am older... I get it lol.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)