Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Another one!! School Shooting in Houston

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 15 Replies

There was a shooting at a Junior College in Houston today. Two students were injured and are currently in surgery. So sad :(

http://www.khou.com/news/Reports-of-shooting-at-Lone-Star-College-in-North-Harris-County-187912461.html

There has been alot of talk recently about gun control. I am not quite sure that, that is the answer. But, on the other hand I am not sure what the "answer" is.

What do you think? Gun Control? or Not?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I work on a college campus and whenever there is a shooting on a college campus it makes me nervous.  I don't know if gun control would work either but I also don't believe that anyone really needs an assault rifle.

nybor48
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I hate guns,  I have hated them since I was little, and the boy around the corner from us picked up his dad's hunting rifle and pointed it at his brother and said "bang, bang your dead"... and shot his brother in the stomach..  the one that fired didn't know that the gun was loaded... he was only 10 or so.  I am just really anti gun.  I don't know what would stop this kind of crap from happening..but it really scares the S*&( outta me

nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I agree, assault rifles are for killing people....not for hunting. I love to hunt and not once have I ever wanted or needed an assault rifle

Quoting Why123:

I work on a college campus and whenever there is a shooting on a college campus it makes me nervous.  I don't know if gun control would work either but I also don't believe that anyone really needs an assault rifle.

nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM

OMG that's horrible!! That is the problem with not teaching your kids about how to respect guns. Some kids are never taught that real guns have real rules. Therefore, kids tend to see them only as toys. SMH

Quoting nybor48:

I hate guns,  I have hated them since I was little, and the boy around the corner from us picked up his dad's hunting rifle and pointed it at his brother and said "bang, bang your dead"... and shot his brother in the stomach..  the one that fired didn't know that the gun was loaded... he was only 10 or so.  I am just really anti gun.  I don't know what would stop this kind of crap from happening..but it really scares the S*&( outta me

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I don't understand why anyone would need an automatic weapon other than a police officer/soldier but I do not think gun control is the answer either. Criminals don't care about current laws, they certainly aren't going to care about any additional one's passed. Do I have a solution? No. 

Even if you required everyone to undergo psychiatric evaluation wouldn't do much good IMO. It will not stop them if they have access to legally owned guns, or from buying them off the streets.

nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM
That's exactly it...only the criminals would have guns. Its a no win for anybody

Quoting LadySaphira:

I don't understand why anyone would need an automatic weapon other than a police officer/soldier but I do not think gun control is the answer either. Criminals don't care about current laws, they certainly aren't going to care about any additional one's passed. Do I have a solution? No. 

Even if you required everyone to undergo psychiatric evaluation wouldn't do much good IMO. It will not stop them if they have access to legally owned guns, or from buying them off the streets.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this
We don't need gun control. We need kid control, or loony people control. Pretty hard to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Not another one!  So sad, those poor families.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I think some more gun control is one of the many answers. No one needs an assualt rifle and there needs to be more background checks. Will criminals still get guns, of course but if it keeps ONE gun out of ONE crazy person's hand and that means it saves ONE life then it's all worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Oh yes..more thorough background checks is priority

Quoting Cindy18:

I think some more gun control is one of the many answers. No one needs an assualt rifle and there needs to be more background checks. Will criminals still get guns, of course but if it keeps ONE gun out of ONE crazy person's hand and that means it saves ONE life then it's all worth it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)