Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Fun day today on a liquid diet

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 26 Replies

And a more fun day tomorrow getting a colonoscopy.  The story of my life. Have you ever had to have this proceedure done? After a certain age you are supposed to get it done every 5 yrs. but me, I have to have it every year since I'm in a higher cancer risk, and to keep watch on things.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I had one done a few years back but I was fine so they told me 10 years.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes,I have. And believe it or not the doctor that did the procedures name was Dr. Hiene,and the pronounced Hy-Nee!  I believe I would of said it was pronounced without the E on the end.lol  True Story!  

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Been there done that.  I didn't mind the liquid diet, but the Go-Lytley prep was flat awful. 

Shellness
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Good story, haha!

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Yes,I have. And believe it or not the doctor that did the procedures name was Dr. Hiene,and the pronounced Hy-Nee!  I believe I would of said it was pronounced without the E on the end.lol  True Story!  

Shellness
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Its a thing of my nightmares. It really is. I can't hardly drink Sprite to this day because of the one that they used to give you. Its like torture!

Quoting mac1940:

Been there done that.  I didn't mind the liquid diet, but the Go-Lytley prep was flat awful. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM

No but a friend of mine did that and she said she couldnt eat lettuce the prior week.

Shellness
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM

hmmm, never heard of that one other than when my gall bladder was bad I couldn't eat lettuce. Its very hard to digest. Guess thats why.

Quoting Esmrlda:

No but a friend of mine did that and she said she couldnt eat lettuce the prior week.

butterflymeme
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I had 2 before I was 40. I too am at higher risk for colon cancer. My grandfather died from it and my aunt is battling it now.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Yes thats what she said.  There are particles left over in your colon. LOL Tmi!

Quoting Shellness:

hmmm, never heard of that one other than when my gall bladder was bad I couldn't eat lettuce. Its very hard to digest. Guess thats why.

Quoting Esmrlda:

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Never had it done, does not sound fun at all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN