Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for January 24th

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:40 AM
  • 10 Replies

It's Peanut Butter Day!!

Creamy or Crunchy? What name brand? Favorite way to eat it?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Mmmm Peanut Butter.  I had to quit buying peanut butter because there are too many carbs.  Lots of protein, yes, but the carbs, oh the carbs.

My absolute favorite way to eat PB is on white bread sprinkled with sugar.  Weird, I know.  But that's the way I like it! 

I have a super-duper easy recipe for peanut butter cookies, too.

one cup peanut butter

one cup sugar

one egg

one teaspoon vanilla.

mix all together, form into balls and place on cookie sheet, bake for 12 minutes at 350 or so.  I used a fork dipped in a bit of flour to make the traditional criss-cross pattern.  YUM and oh! so easy!   And No, I did NOT forget to list any ingredients!  :o)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Creamy Skippy is my favorite or Skippy with Honey, YUM!!

I love peanut butter toast the most but I have been known to just eat a spoonful.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Depends on what I'm using the PB for if I like cruchy or creamy, we keep both at the house. My favorite way to eat it is with apples!

nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM

creamy...JIFF...sandwhich

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I prefer creamy and the brand doesn't matter.  I like peanut butter and jam.  On a sandwich or when I was young, on oyster crackers.  You know how small oyster crackers are right.  I would break them in half, put peanut butter on one half and jam on the other, put them back together and then eat them.  It kept me busy for quite a while.

campingmomof4
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM

All natural creamy peanut butter for my house. 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I usually buy JIF or Skippy and hve to have both creamy and chunky as I am a creamy fan and hubby likes chunky.  I like it on apple slices, in peanut butter-chocolate pie, mixed with honey on either crackers or bread and in a sauce on chinese food.  Hubby and adult kids like it on their pancakes, waffles and french oast as well as on toast with jam and in fudge and cookies.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM

My favorite is creamy style and I grew up with Skippy peanut butter so I guess that my favorite. But I buy whatever is the cheapest.lol  And I still love a good peanutbutter and jelly sandwhiche or peanut butter and banana sandwhiche and tall glass of chocolate milk.

Me and my sister used to walk around with big spoonfuls of peanut butter just taking a lick evey once in awhile.  Took a long time to eat that peanut butter sometimes.lol I think my Mom gave it to us because she knew it would keep us quiet for awhile. :)

Sandyc1243
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM

We like creamy Jiff in PB&J sandwiches.

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I can't eat peanut butter anymore, I used to eat it everyday. Smooth/creamy not crunchy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)