Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today....Thursday?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:54 AM
  • 19 Replies

come tell us....

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Hello ladies....it's almost the end of the week!!  It's still cold here and they say we might get some winter precip. tomorrow.  Not a huge chance but still....here you just never know.  lol  Heading out to work soon and then I have to go to Macy's and return some boots.  One of my customers gave me a gift card and I got boots BUT the inside of one feels like the padding is rolled up where you put your foot.  Not sure what you'd call that but I need to exchange them.  I HOPE they have more.....AND I don't have my receipt.  sigh....I guess I threw it away accidentally.  Wish me luck!!!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:21 AM

good luck on returning the boots.  Hopefully they can exchange them for another pair.  I keep all my receipts - out of habit.  I have boxes with receipts going back to 2003.  lol.  I suppose I could toss those some day. 

So the receptionist who gave a 2-week notice decided yesterday was her last day instead of February 8.  Her little boy has to go to the doctor or something next week and she put in a request for that time off - it was denied - and the WB put a note on her request "Is this a Joke?  I want you gone."  So that was the final straw.

We interviewed 6 people yesterday.  I didn't leave the office until nearly 7 p.m.  that makes for a VERY long day.  One gal who I thought was a strong candidate, withdrew her application after being spooked by the WB.  WB can't understand what happened there.  "I liked her, too" was her reply.  ugh.

I got in touch with a shrink - going to see her Saturday at 11:30.  I want to see if she can shed some light on how I can deal with toxic boss - I know life is all about choices and so I want ideas on better choices I can make when reacting to WB.  lol.  First 30 minutes is complimentary.  And then I have a massage scheduled at 1:00. 

We have 3 more interviews today.  The 3 attorneys will be gone tomorrow - yay! 

Is it 5:00 yet?????

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I normally save my receipts too but somehow I can't find that one so I assume I tossed it.  Maybe she never gave it to me.  I was in a hurry that day.  Who knows????  Good luck on the interviews.  I don't know why she doesn't get it....wb I mean.  I think it's good that you're going to go talk to someone.  Let us know how it goes.  Have a good day!!   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

good luck on returning the boots.  Hopefully they can exchange them for another pair.  I keep all my receipts - out of habit.  I have boxes with receipts going back to 2003.  lol.  I suppose I could toss those some day. 

So the receptionist who gave a 2-week notice decided yesterday was her last day instead of February 8.  Her little boy has to go to the doctor or something next week and she put in a request for that time off - it was denied - and the WB put a note on her request "Is this a Joke?  I want you gone."  So that was the final straw.

We interviewed 6 people yesterday.  I didn't leave the office until nearly 7 p.m.  that makes for a VERY long day.  One gal who I thought was a strong candidate, withdrew her application after being spooked by the WB.  WB can't understand what happened there.  "I liked her, too" was her reply.  ugh.

I got in touch with a shrink - going to see her Saturday at 11:30.  I want to see if she can shed some light on how I can deal with toxic boss - I know life is all about choices and so I want ideas on better choices I can make when reacting to WB.  lol.  First 30 minutes is complimentary.  And then I have a massage scheduled at 1:00. 

We have 3 more interviews today.  The 3 attorneys will be gone tomorrow - yay! 

Is it 5:00 yet?????

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

for right now, I'm hanging out in my hotel room. I am in Hershey, PA for a convention for county fairs. Been fun so far, I've attended a few seminars and last night went to a talent showcase. Today, more seminars and the PA State Fair Queen competition begins. Our local queen is here with us, wishing her much luck as she starts the competition. 

It's good to take a little break from work and do some different kinds of work, for my volunteer jobs!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Playing Pokeno tonight. Nothing much going on today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Working

robin7771
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Hello!

I have a question for you. Do you keep bananas Fresh on a table or in the frig? How about fresh whole pineapple? You know me same old. One room and bathroom cleaning today. lol Thanks, Robin

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Kind of cold and dreary here today. Larry is off and we're just hanging oaround the house not really doing much of anything. I can't seem do my housework when hes here.lol  Need to go get cat food and cat litterl but just can't get myself in gear to go out yet. 

Thinking about making potato soup for dinner but LArry mentioned getting pizza so that sounds good to me. NO cooking.lol   We have a place here in town called Papa Murphys Pizza and they make em up fresh to order but you bring them home and bake them. They are sooo big and very good,deffinitly a good bargain for the price.  So thats what we'll be having for dinner I think.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Not a whole lot going on today.  I am sre h will want to do some more motorhome looking, but I'm hoping to talk him out of that - it is COLD outside and they don't  have heat turned on in them.  I have no real desire to venture out and about, staying in and doing not much of anything is ever so much more appealing.  Do hope you can get your boots exchanged.  And hope everyone has a great day.  Stay warm.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I spent the morning in prayer...and worked on the bible study I've been doing on my own.  I spent a couple hours afterwards online researching bible studies for teens to use in group home.  It's not that I have to, but I'm hoping to find something simple yet captivating that different house staff can trade off doing.  Came up empty handed.

Then, I work at group home and have a full load tonight.  I am training one gal for House staff...and another candidate is shadowing for a potential position.  It can be a huge distraction for girls and makes for gaps if I'm not alert and paying attention.

for now, I have to pack and get in the shower.  

Have a Lovely day, and I hope you find the right shoes! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)