Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What type of place do you live in?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 59 Replies

What I mean is do you live in a big city, small town, way out in the country?

Do you like where you live?

I live in a pretty good sized city but where I live is a subburb of Orlando. So its like Orlando that connects into another smaller city, then another, then the city I live in, with no country side to break it up. They are all connected and if I got on the interstate would be in downtown Orlando in 30 minutes.

I would prefer to live WAY out in the country. My kids like the city.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teaching1972
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I have lived in this same small town for the greater part of my life.  I like it.  I like knowing the people at the corner grocery store.  I have had their kids in school.  All of our sons have moved away to big cities. One is in New York City. No small town life for them.  We get to visit the big towns and come home to our little town.  The town square reminds some of our kids of the courthouse in Back to the Future.  They laugh about it when they are home.

KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I live about as far from Chicago city limits as you do from Orlando. And to get to the ”country”, I have to drive about 45 minutes the other way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM

we live in a mid-sized town. but if you want a small town, the place my father lives in Illinois... their population is equal to our elevation: 385. period.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:35 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Hugs on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Fairly big city & yes I like it more or less :)

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM
2 moms liked this
We live in a big city, and love it BUT we own a huge farm way out in the middle of nowhere so we get the best of both worlds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cpilz1965
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I live in a big city Henderson NV. 5 min 10 miles from downtown Las Vegas NV.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:45 AM
We're in a Suburb of KC. But, grew up in a small town. We've lived in KC since 5days after we were married.
I use to love living in the city. Now I'm sick of the noise... Getting house ready to sell.. Hoping to get out of city in the next two years.

But hey, we'll be in Orlando in a couple weeks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Very small town! And I live on the outer most street of the town so it's like being in town without being in town. Behind me is a mountain. It's a great place to live, everyone knows everyone else, and are always willing to help when needed.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:00 AM

I live in the Greater Kansas City area, like Tracy!  I've circled, in red, the town of Roeland Park.  The town I live in is called Mission and is just south of Roeland Park but doesn't show up on this map - lol.  You can drive quite a while before you run out of city.  The noise and such doesn't bother me because I'm so used to it and Mission is fairly quiet anyway.  Plus my apartment is well-insulated from a lot of outside traffic noise.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I live in a suburb north of Fort Worth. It takes me about 25 minutes to get from my front door to the city center. I love that I live close enough to everything but far enough away that my son has a nice large yard to play in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)