Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What type of place do you live in?

Posted by   + Show Post

What I mean is do you live in a big city, small town, way out in the country?

Do you like where you live?

I live in a pretty good sized city but where I live is a subburb of Orlando. So its like Orlando that connects into another smaller city, then another, then the city I live in, with no country side to break it up. They are all connected and if I got on the interstate would be in downtown Orlando in 30 minutes.

I would prefer to live WAY out in the country. My kids like the city.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Replies (51-59):
tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I live in a small town it is good and bad only about 20 minutes to big place to shop.

caro100
by Carol on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I live in a bedroom community outside Springfield, Mo.   I live in a neighborhood with "parklike qualities".  Means lots of leaves in the fall. LOL

butterflymeme
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I live in a mid size city. I grew up here and moved in 93 and lived in a more country town. Moved back "home" 5 years ago. I love it because I am just a hop skip and a jump from the store, resturants, church and such.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:14 PM

We live on an acreage a few miles outside of a town which has a population of 222.   Only one store which is a gas station/small convenience store open select hours and closed on Sundays.      Everyone knows everyone and it is like going back in time.    Part of living like this is similar to "Little house on the Prarie".   We go to the "city" to get supplies when we need to.   It is just over an hour drive.     I love it .   We have been here for a couple of years.  

rblonde1
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I live in a small city in what is becoming a metropolis type area in Northeastern Wisconsin.  I like living here as all the towns and cities in this small metropolis are retaining their individuality and small town feeling.  What I really like is that there are lots of areas for nature and being outdoors, and at the same time there are lots of museums, shopping and other types of indoor fun close by.  It is the best of both worlds.

cpilz1965
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Quoting Sue1605:

Where in Henderson? we used to live there and still have our house, its on Stephanie/Warm Springs.

I live off of windmill between eastern and Pecos right next to jessup road in barcelona subdivision my mom lives over there marks and stephanie  over by the auto mall

Quoting cpilz1965:

I live in a big city Henderson NV. 5 min 10 miles from downtown Las Vegas NV.

Sue1605
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM

How long have you lived there? Windmill inbetween Eastern & Pecos is a good place to live. Good that you live close to your Mom too.

LV kind of grows on one I think. We lived in Henderson for 3 years then moved abroad. After 2 years we returned to LV but lived in Spring Valley becos our own house was rented out. We are abroad again but I go back every now and then to visit.

Quoting cpilz1965:

Quoting Sue1605:

Where in Henderson? we used to live there and still have our house, its on Stephanie/Warm Springs.

I live off of windmill between eastern and Pecos right next to jessup road in barcelona subdivision my mom lives over there marks and stephanie  over by the auto mall

Quoting cpilz1965:

I live in a big city Henderson NV. 5 min 10 miles from downtown Las Vegas NV.

LadyDiamond927
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I'm in a suburb, just outside of Charlotte. But I'm near the interstate hay, so I can get to the city in no time. It's pretty country to me, & extremely quiet. I never noticed just how noisy NY really is until I go back & visit my family. Now I love the quiet.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momchipomkids
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:14 AM

We live in a town of 10,000  the countryside is minutes away.  The big city of Joplin is minutes away.  We live in a small town but there are smaller around us and we take in their kids for the school system.  My husband and I want to move further out of town, more into the countryside where they won't build just yet.  The towns are too poor to do any improving and so no one wants to build there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN