Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Does cold weather make you hurt?

Posted by   + Show Post

You always hear that cold weather makes people hurt, especially if they have any joint issues. Does it seem to effect you? Can you tell from your body when a storm is coming?

Where I live theres not much in the way of SEASONS so I am never bothered and no I can't tell when a rain storm is coming.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Replies (21-29):
Shellness
by Michell on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I love the smell of rain coming. Its like getting a mile from the coast and smelling the ocean.

Quoting LEK19:

I do notice that my leg that I broke at the age of four does ache a bit more now and then - that may be weather related. It is nothing severe though.

I smell rain coming.

I do have Raynaud's that affects me but it is not always cold-related. 

Shellness
by Michell on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Minnesota def. gets bone chilling cold. I'm sorry about the RA. My dd has that and its hard to deal with for her sometimes.

Quoting chasingrandbaby:

yes, I live in minnesota and have rheumatoid and this time of year is the worst for flares.

Where I have had surgery also reacts to changing weather

Shellness
by Michell on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I have dry skin too. It does get a lot worse when the weather is cold.

Quoting rosebud727:

I don't hurt but I do get the worst dry skin. I have to really load up on the moisturizer.

Shellness
by Michell on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like my husband with the pee thing, lol. Wonder why the cold does this?

Quoting queenbee1958:

Amen ! The cold makes me bone cold. I then have to pee a lot . Lol

Quoting Why123:

It isn't so much the temperature that causes my pain as the air pressure.  I can tell when the pressure is changing.

jules8289
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Fibro hurts a lot during cold and/or damp weather. Old shoulder injury is screaming. My arm is fairly useless and needs a good cortizone shot. Those make me gag.

WillTimsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I just get lazy when the weather gets cold.  I find it hard to get motivated to get out of bed.  But my dogs help me with that - LOL.  They never let me sleep past 5 am. 

My son gets migraines when a storm is approaching.  So I can rely on him for storm warning.

tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Well I use to live where you live in Florida only way down to the bottom Venice Florida and I never had no problems. BUT now I lived here is IL and YES big change my bones hurt all the time in the cold weather. 

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I do not, I don't have health insurance, so I just deal with it. Some days is not big deal and others are very difficult.

Quoting Shellness:

I'm sorry :( I guess Crohns and fibro go hand in hand just like RA and fibro. I would have a hard time without the cymbalta. Do you take anything for it?

Quoting homeskoolmama:

YES, the COLD and wet/cold makes my fibro SCREAM.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:30 PM

We don't get severe winters in Vancouver, but sometimes get days of freezing temperatures in a row, but I don't have any physical problems from it, thankfully. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)