Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do you got to church? Regularly or just at the holidays or special events?

If you go to church, are you active in your church? If so, what extra activities do you participate in?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
sjcuteangel
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Yes I attend Church and pray daily both morning and night and feel close to my father in heaven.  I attend a few functions through out the month as well and help out other members when the need arises. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Yes, we go to church every week and have most of our married life (23 years). We've gone to the one we're at now, for the past 7. We're somewhat active. Usually participate in bible studies. But this year I've been doing one on my own as the former hosts moved to another state.
I serve at a Christian group home and I love that it is interdenominational ... As I have no walls up between denominations and like visiting other churches.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by Rose on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I used to go very often and was quite active. But then it just wasn't making sense for me anymore so I stopped.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Mormon, correct? My son is very interested in religious philosophy and is right now studying Mormonism.

Quoting sjcuteangel:

Yes I attend Church and pray daily both morning and night and feel close to my father in heaven.  I attend a few functions through out the month as well and help out other members when the need arises. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Yes, every Sunday.  I serve in the church in two areas...I work in the nursery once a month and I work in the kitchen during our Easter breakfast and Christmas breakfast.  My dh works in the nursery with me once a month and teaches childrens church once a month.

suesues
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM

going now we go every sunday with my 18 and 21 yr old I will keep going with them as long as they want to go with me

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM

No, I don't go to church at all.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Going back to church is something I think about often. 

We always went when I was little, until my parents divorced when I was 10. 

I just can't find a church that I really like. I've gone to my sister's church but really don't like that propaganda they preach. Yes, IMO, it's propaganda. I'm very liberal and open to everyone so when a church bashes other religions it's over for me. 

I like my client's church but it would be a conflict of interest. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I do go to church.  I grew up going to church and then stopped for many years for a lot of reasons....one of which was the fact that the preachers wife would go around talking openly about what people were wearing etc...I have a major problem with that.  I'm sorry but I believe that God doesn't care what you wear...he cares that you go to church to show love and respect to him, to surround yourself with other christians and to learn more about him.  What you wear won't get you into or keep you out of heaven!  lol  Sorry....sort of went on a rant.

Ok so I go to a small church.  I'm the asst Sun School secretary, I also serve on the refreshment committee.  I love our church.  We welcome everyone. 

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I don't go to church. I grew up going weekly. I am now more of the I don't need to go to the building to have faith group. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)