Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hello,

My name is Lorna Ann but my friends call me Doone. I'm married to a great man and between us we have 3 grown children 2 sons and a daughter all over 21 and they have their own lives and so we just roll with it.

Thanks for letting me post and have a great weekend

hugs

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Hi Doone! Welcome to the group. You are gonna love it here. Its the best group on CM
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Welcome, Doone.  It is great to have you join us.  My name is Mary Ann and my DH and I have three adult children, all married, and 5 granddaughters ranging in age from 12 to almost 2.  None of our kids live near, the closest being about 6 hours away.  Both of my sons are career miltary, my oldest is a naval officer, currently living in Virginia, my youngest is in the army and he is currently at Fort  Campbell, Tennessee.  My daughter lives here in Washington but six hours from where we live.  Tell us about yourself.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Doone - glad you joined us.  I have two daughters (28 and 25) and a granddaughter (8).  My daughters are now on their own and self supporting - that was  a major milestone in my life! LOL.  I am happy they live close and can see them every week.  Looking forward to knowing you.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Welcome,   I love your nickname.   :-)   

I have 3 grown children-  daughter 24 and sons 23 and 21.  My daughter has a baby girl who just turned 1.   

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Welcome to the group Doone,
Hope to get to know you better ;)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Welcome to the group!

This is a great group of ladies!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Hi and welcome :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Hello Doone and welcome to the group!  I hope you'll jump right in and start posting so we can all get to know you better.  I'm sure you'll love it here.  All the women here are awesome and we talk about everything!  lol   :)

DooneBug
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM

My olest is Christianna and she is 27 and has been in college for about 6 yrs she wants to start her own day care business and My son is Ryan he is 26 and works at a warehouse in Fla.  Christi lives in Mich and is engaged to a great man who spoils her like my hubby does me.. Jeff's son is 36 and lives here in town and has blessed us with a grandson who is 8 and shares Ryan birthday so my son gets a joy from that.

I love to camp but we sold our camper last fall, we are in the process of moving south to be with our other kids, my mom past away in 2011 and her copanion in 2012 so I'm dealing with her loss...I love to try new things.  I love to make tie blankets and have made so many that I think  I can do that in my sleep haha...

caro100
by Carol on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Hi, Doone. Welcome to the group.  I have 3 young men living with me.  Two are biological sons and 1 is a kid that came to spend the night and never left.  Hope you have fun with us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)