Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big Foot, Abomidable Snowman, Nessie....

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:24 AM
  • 18 Replies

I'm sure I have forgotten many mysterious creatures....

Do you believe in any of these mysterious creatures? If so, which ones and why?

Take is seriously!! GET YOUR PAP!

~~CINDY

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Nope...I thunk they are all a silly myth
In Texas ...(I'm not sure about the rest of the country) everyone seems to be on the look out for a chupecobra...IDK seems like a silly myth to me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM

this post was prompted by "new" evidence of Big Foot that was on GMA this morning.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Yeah, you could call me a cryptozoologist or at least it is an interest of mine.

Some of the "creatures" are more common animals that just exhibit some sort of abnormal behavior or deformity or are seen in unusual places and under odd circumstances. Some of the creatures are still not identified and there is evidence that points to the existence of something.

I am more interested in marine creatures like in Loch Ness and other bodies of water and humanoids like Bigfoot and Yeti. I follow along with any new evidence for those. I am disappointed to find out when there are hoaxes because it always makes the more plausible look less possible. Someday there will be more scientific evidence that will identify those that are real. Until then it is fun to read about and "analyze the evidence."

Many people have been sentenced and/or executed on less evidence than some of these creatures have.  

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I don't believe in any of them, but I wouldn't mind if they were real, as long as they aren't suffering. Like Big Foot. If he or she is afraid of people and cold and hungry, I don't like to think this. Yesterday there was a news segment that they'd taken pictures of the Giant Squid- I think 60 ft long (?) and I thought this was mildly cool, until I saw previous pictures of several of them washed up in Japan.  So there had already been proof of these.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I believe that anything is possible.

caro100
by Carol on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I really don't believe in most  legends.  I really think we would have found bodies and or graves of the yeti/ big foot/ creatures.  As for loch ness, maybe..., though there again, I would think there would have been more clear sightings, I mean we have really high def camera equipment and we still rely on old or new grainy pictures for proof, not so much.  Anyway, even if there is a loch ness monster, leave it be.  Some things aren't menat to be confirmed.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I don't know for sure what I believe - I don't think just because I have never seen one that they can't exist but on the other hand I can't quite believe in them either.  A long time age, when Big Foot was supposedly first seen, it was by Roger Patterson (a then dear friend of mine - now deceased) and for a long time I defended his sighting although I myself had never seen him.  Supposedly a couple of people have now claimed that they were a part of the hoax instigated by Rog.  Hmmm - am not sure who is telling the truth Roger or these two guys.  Hubby is for sure there is no such critter, me - I;m not so sure.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I beleive it is possible. 

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:08 PM

As in many things,until they can prove these creatures do not exist,I believe! Just because you haven't seen it dosen't mean it isn't out there.  

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I still believe in the Tooth Fairy, the Sand Man and Santa.  Do they count??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)