Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do your kids return a text from you quicker than they return a phone call?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM
  • 26 Replies

Mine sure do!  Why is that when I call my son, he doesn't pick up. Then I text him, and he will text right back. What is up with that? I have to tell him I really can't text everything I want to tell him, and to call me. THEN he will call. Geeeesh!!

My daughter has gotten better.  I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that I am helping her plan her wedding (helping financially and with the planning)..hmmmm, she does pick up very quickly now...lol!!  

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:47 PM

i think texting is so prevalent these days.  My own son is the same way.  I don't call him unless it's something urgent.  I'll send him an email but if I text him, he's very quick to reply.  I actually am starting to prefer texting myself.  I don't have to hurry to reply and it's not nearly as "intrusive" as a phone call!

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Yes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chasingrandbaby
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM

we all text more than we chat on the phone, everyones busy, usually a phone call happens because we cant text while driving or like u said sometimes what u have to say is too much to text

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM

It really depends on what the call/text is about. Sometimes they call me after I text them. 

sweetnana1964
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Yes indeed!!!! Just a sign of the times I guess lol

Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Yes, my son & daughter-in-law text more than call but that's how it is with them & I'm OK with that.  I learned texting when my son was still in the Marines.  It was often the only way we could be in touch when he was on duty if we had to communicate.  My DIL is at the moment a SAHM to a 2yr old so talking on the phone can distract her from watching him.  However, both will call when they can or if an actual conversation is necessary or preferred.  My son is now a police officer working 12 hr shifts so he often can't call during his shift.  However, he will often call me on his way to or from work if he wants to chat.  And we stay in touch on Facebook so I can see photos & video of my grandson.  They live 5 states away from us so that's how we stay close despite the miles.

starsis68
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I have 3 young men and that all 3. Do the same thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Same here . I just make it easier on myself and text my son "CALL ME" and he will but if he is at work, which I know when is, I'll text him and say call me when you can. 1 is good about it, 1 is ok and the other well...not so much

Dontchawishuknu
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Yes, they do, but then so do I...LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)