Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do your kids return a text from you quicker than they return a phone call?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mine sure do!  Why is that when I call my son, he doesn't pick up. Then I text him, and he will text right back. What is up with that? I have to tell him I really can't text everything I want to tell him, and to call me. THEN he will call. Geeeesh!!

My daughter has gotten better.  I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that I am helping her plan her wedding (helping financially and with the planning)..hmmmm, she does pick up very quickly now...lol!!  

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Replies (21-26):
sunshine97325
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Both will text back faster than picking up when I call. Sometimes though through a  text things can get mixed up  because they seem to remember the last thing written.  Then  I need to reword or call to make sure we are on the same page. Sending text  is the way to go these days. Like it or not. 

CarolynC71
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Stop texting him. He will eventually call you back if he is curious enough about what you needed. He's learned based on past experience that you will text him. Surprise him and don't! Curiousity will eventually get the best of him, especially if you call him again.

And if you are paying the bill, tell him he needs to answer your phone calls or lose his phone privileges. Having a cell phone is a privilege not a right.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM

They do , LOL
However they are pretty good about answering their phones as well unless they are busy :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Yes. I think it's just a society thing. I tend to return texts quicker too.I can text at work most times when I can't talk and then you don't get stuck on the phone with people for too long.

lorriekueffer
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I loved everyone's responses, thanks so much!  So many good points made. Texting seems to be the way of the world now, so I've hopped on board. Some of the mis-texts where the words get changed are pretty funny! I still like the more personal touch though for times when I need to hear a real voice. But that 'xoxoxo' goes a long way too!

stepof5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)