Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do You Have

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 23 Replies

a Will?  We had wills done by a lawyer when Cassidy was a baby.  Now that she is about to turn 21, we are going to get our wills redone.  A lot of people die intestate (without having made a will)  and that can be messy, and relatives end up inheriting stuff they never would have wanted certain people to  have.  Also people end up fighting over the estate, and lawyers end up making money. 

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Yes, I had one made in 2002 when I was having surgery. Seemed like they were spending more time preparing me to die on the table, than to fix what ailed me! haha. Anyway, things have changed, so I definately have to have a new one made.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:26 PM

No, I don't.  I keep intending to, though. 

When my ex died, he had already prepaid his cremation, too.  That sure helped my kids because I was still sending Johnny college money at that time and didn't have the money to bury him. 

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I need to put that on my to-do list.  Now - many of the investments have 'payable-on-death' beneficiaries.  That takes care of some assets, but there is still the house, car, etc.  Yes, that is something that I need to do.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:29 PM
We need a new one. Our girls are 18 and 21. We need to make it so our girls do not get all our assets until they are 25 or 30. We really need to make changes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:14 PM

My dh has one but it is old. We have talked about this. We really do need to do one but I am worried that I am pushing my luck. IF we do one then something bad will happen. Silly I know. God is in  control, it is just a worry in my head.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Yes we have one, but is loooong overdue of redoing it. Our kids are grown now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shellness
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:17 PM

All of the above you said is absolutely true. We dont have much at this point to leave but its still important to at least have your funeral wishes and arrangements taken care of ahead of time so your children don't have to do that.

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I'm glad you brought this up. We need to make it a priority this year. Have you known anyone who used the online service Legalzoom?

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I had one at home and then my house burned.  I keep saying I will go make one but haven't.  It's not like I have a lot anyway but I do know it's important. 

Annsf
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Not legalzoom. Another one that was a cd, had power of atty., medical, supposedly legal in my state.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN