Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

in the middle

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:32 PM
  • 32 Replies

Of a bathroom re-do! YEP...dh has been hard at work all weekend. It is prepped and ready. toilet and tub are in and one, sink is in and the cabinets have to be primed and painted. The walls have been prepped and the windows frosted.

Supplies purchased and ready to go!

EXCITING

happy

Dawn; daughter, wife, mom, MiMi

Blogger @ http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com  and

writer for:  www.foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Love it! Thats gotta be so nice to have a new updated bath :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM

YaY!
How cool!
Hope you'll show some pics when it is finished :)

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM

YAY!! So exciting!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I enjoyed tackled remodeling projects when I owned a home.  I personally remodeled the main bathroom.  I tore out the existing built-in vanity and accidentally busted the water line in the process.  lol.  I had to call a plumber to fix that for me.  I don't solder.  I frosted the window in the bathroom with self-adhesive window treatment so I didn't have to buy curtains or miniblinds.  I painted it a high-gloss sea-blue and put down black and white self-adhesive tiles on the floor.  Put in a new sink and vanity and a linen-tower.  It was a fun, bright bathroom.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM

That's so wonderful.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Your post made me smile and was motivating.   We are getting ready to finish a bathroom off of the Kitchen.    It would probably be considered a pantry room.   We live in an old farm house and the previous owners were going to add a main floor bathroom.  They had started drywalling and the man of the house passed away.    We have not done much more with it,   we have the shower base laying in place and have a few things we have purchased for the room.   We had put it on hold as we are going to replace Kitchen flooring and countertops before working on the Bathroom.    

I do a large amount of work on these types of projects.    I have been working so much overtime that it has been hard to get anything else done.  :-)    

You will have to take pictures for us to see.        It is a great feeling.....  

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Lol.      Thanks for the laugh.      I have had some things go wrong during remodeling projects as well.      One minor one was painting a basement laundry room floor with an enamel paint.  I was so proud of myself.     Next morning I went to see my brilliant work and had forgotten to put the water drain for the softener back and my pretty floor had a huge lifted paint bubble and water all over .      Live and learn.....      

Quoting suzeebloch:

I enjoyed tackled remodeling projects when I owned a home.  I personally remodeled the main bathroom.  I tore out the existing built-in vanity and accidentally busted the water line in the process.  lol.  I had to call a plumber to fix that for me.  I don't solder.  I frosted the window in the bathroom with self-adhesive window treatment so I didn't have to buy curtains or miniblinds.  I painted it a high-gloss sea-blue and put down black and white self-adhesive tiles on the floor.  Put in a new sink and vanity and a linen-tower.  It was a fun, bright bathroom.

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I'm so jealous but happy for you.  That is on my list of to dos but unfortunately neither my hubby or I are do it yourselfers, so it means hiring it done.

nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM
That is wonderful!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM

So your husband is doing the work?  Thats great, and can save a lot of money.  I am somewhat handy and do some things around the house (change light fixtures, which is easy), but we pay people to do work in  the house for us.   You will have to show us some photos when it is all finished. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN