Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for January 28th

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:50 AM
  • 11 Replies

You have Chicken, instant potato flakes, a can of corn, a can of Rotel, milk, and fresh spinach.This is all you have to cook something for dinner.

How creative can you get with this combo?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd bake the chicken and make a spinach salad, use the milk for my next batch of Kefir.  Then I'd give the potato flakes, the can of corn and Rotel to my moocher-next-door-neighbor, Tom.  It's near the end of the month and I'm sure he's run out of food stamps by now.  lol.

momof2FF
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I would braise the chicken in the milk, then cut it up mix with the corn Rotel and chop the spinach.  Put that in a casserole top with the prepared mashed potatoes and bake.  Sheppard's pie with a twist.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I would bake the chicken, make the potato flakes and add the can of corn.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Well I don't eat chicken so it's be strange to have that. I'd make something with all of that. I'm not fond of rotel or potato flakes but would be happy with the corn, milk and spinach.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I had to look up Rotel to see what it was.  I guess I'd brown the chicken,  boil or bake it and cut it up, then mix with the rotel, corn, and spinach, then put in a casserole and make the potatoes with the milk and spread it over, bake.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM

It would depend if its a whole chicken or pieces or just  like chicken filets I guess. But either way I'd taken the chicken and dip them in some of the milk then into the potato flakes. Braise them until lightly brown then put them into a baking dish,pour the rotel over it,and bake until chicken is done. I would steam the fresh spinach and cook the can of corn for my side dishes. And drink the rest of my milk with my dinner.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Quoting Bmat:

I had to look up Rotel to see what it was.  I guess I'd brown the chicken,  boil or bake it and cut it up, then mix with the rotel, corn, and spinach, then put in a casserole and make the potatoes with the milk and spread it over, bake.

I am not familiar with Rotel either, but I was thinking of making the same style of meal that you suggested.  

jules8289
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:04 PM

If you have to use only these ingredients with no salt, pepper or butter....I would soak my chicken in milk, then coat it with the potato flakes and bake it.  Then I'd take the can of corn and mix the Rotel into it. I would take the fresh spinach and cook it with milk to cream it and maybe put a little tater flakes in it right before I turn the heat off under it.  Dinners done! Come and get it! Or order a pizza.

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Dip the chicken in milk and roll in the flakes. Mix the corn and rotel. Bake the chicken, serve the rotel/corn over or beside it. Have a fresh spinach salad.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:38 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Well gosh I would just bake the chicken & toss everything together & make a casserole :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)