Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Wow! What an interesting morning!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 29 Replies
When I got into work this morning, I came in my office and the first thing I noticed is that one of the security cameras was in the floor. The office had been broken into! But the only thing that was taken was 2 computer towers in the back office, all of the security cameras were damaged and the main power lines to the equipment in the back were cut. Nothing else...my safe was un-touched nor was the computer equipment in my office. The police came and made a report, I took them the disc... of the Guy and his truck that came in, before he took the servers and disconnected and damaged the security cameras. I don't know if they can find him or not but I hope they do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Oh no!  I hope there was ample back up of the towers.  I hope they find him, too.

caro100
by Carol on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Wow, that was an interesting morning, hope they catch the guy.  Are you able to do any of your actual work?  Hugs.

caro100
by Carol on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I was writing my reply when you posted yours, and my computer freaked and deleted my post.  LOL, had to start over.sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Bmat:

Oh no!  I hope there was ample back up of the towers.  I hope they find him, too.

nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Yes, there are backups...but not on site. They are the main servers for my scale system. They will replace them today.

Quoting Bmat:

nana9106
by Darlene on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
No, no actual work today. But I have to stay on site to speak to the police, electricians, locksmiths...and worst of all the bosses UGGG I hate when the bosses come, they are always so clueless but want to maintain their importance

Quoting caro100:

Wow, that was an interesting morning, hope they catch the guy.  Are you able to do any of your actual work?  Hugs.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:07 PM

sidesplittinglaughterlaughing

Quoting caro100:

I was writing my reply when you posted yours, and my computer freaked and deleted my post.  LOL, had to start over.

Quoting Bmat:

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Yikes, that must have been scary.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Hopefully they'll be able to find who did it. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Our office has been broken into twice. Well, the glass on the front door has been broken twice, by rocks being thrown into it, but it didn't appear that anyone actually came into our building. The second time was when we installed cameras. Since then, our scrap metal was stolen a few times, we could tell on the security tape that it was a white pick-up, and there appeared to be six people total ripping off the scrap metal, but the police didn't have enough to catch anyone. We've since started keeping our scrap metal inside until the day of pick-up (which gets in the way, but what else can we do?!).
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM

That is really not the kind of excitment you want to have on a Monday morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)