Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Did you breastfeed your babies?

Was it easy for you or did you struggle with it?

If you didn't and could do it all over again would you?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Replies (11-16):
zebra556
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:37 AM
We have so many allergies on both sides, I at least wanted to try and had already heard about the health benefits with my first. I still remember my mother's comments and chuckle. She commented for the first that BF made babies fat. For the second BF made babies thin. The thin one is still very thin today. Doesn't matter what she eats. My third was tiny. Around 4 months the Dr's nurse commented, do you produce cream. Seems nature takes care and she gained and grew quite well. All 3 are healthy today.
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Yes, I breastfeed all my babies.

I didn't have any problems.

Yes, I would do it all over again. I would encourage everyone to do it because it is so natural and so good for the baby and Mom!

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I breastfed my first one.  When I got pregnant with my second one when she was 4 months old, she didn't want to nurse any more.  I tried with the second one but eating was not her favorite pastime and my milk dried up.  I tried with the third but the first 2 realized that when mommy was feeding the baby I couldn't exactly stop what I was doing to get them out of what they were not supposed to be in so I stopped.  I knew I was going to start working not long after I had my 4th so I didn't even try.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM

No I didn't 

and no i wouldn't.

EireLass
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I did. I breastfed Joshua 'til about 7 months. I breastfed Caitlin 'til 1 year. It was very natural to me, as that's what all the women in my family did. I would do it again and maybe even longer. The first time we went out we left Joshua with Grandma with formula. She said he wouldn't take it, threw a fit, etc. Then I tasted the formula. It was so gross compared to my milk. So I bought a pump, and pumped very easily and always had that on hand.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Yes, I breastfed my only child until she was 14 months.  It was very easy, except for twice I had blocked mild ducts which hurt like hell. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN