Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for January 29th

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:06 AM
  • 16 Replies

What is the most expensive item on your grocery list?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM

That's a tossup.  I'm not sure.  I buy salmon ($4.99 for 1 pound of filets at Aldi).  I buy beef when on sale, usually $3.59 a pound or less.  Butter isn't cheap but at Aldi last week it was $1.49 for one pound of butter.  Milk goes up and down - last week I spent $3.19 on a gallon of whole milk.  Aldi beats the prices of the other grocery stores in town but I don't buy meat there. 

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Meat and wine. 

EireLass
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM

meat

robin7771
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Roast Beefbarbecuing

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Beef,Pork  and coffee.

KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Aldi's fresh meat is actually very good. I don't buy the frozen stuff, that's not good at all. But the fresh is very good quality and taste.

Quoting suzeebloch:

That's a tossup.  I'm not sure.  I buy salmon ($4.99 for 1 pound of filets at Aldi).  I buy beef when on sale, usually $3.59 a pound or less.  Butter isn't cheap but at Aldi last week it was $1.49 for one pound of butter.  Milk goes up and down - last week I spent $3.19 on a gallon of whole milk.  Aldi beats the prices of the other grocery stores in town but I don't buy meat there. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I've been into cooking Indian, Thai, and Chinese food lately, so I've had to stock up a bit on spices that I didn't use before. Some of them can be expensive. Saffron and ground cardamom were both $10 for a "normal" spice jar, and even then, the saffron has a tiny little envelope inside the jar. When I opened the envelope and put the saffron right in the jar, it barely covered the bottom of the jar. Expensive stuff. But it only takes a small pinch of it for any one recipe.
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Not sure. Could be produce these days. Or morning star farms imitation meats. Or meat.

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM

probably roast...

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Probably meat and coffee, although there isn't much that is what I consider reasonably priced anymore.  LikeBecky said, spice are pretty spendy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)