Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What do you like on your hotdog? PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 76 Replies

I was watching Steve Harvey last night, (I DVR it) and the Ask Steve is my favorite part.  A 24 yr old woman had said she had NEVER had a hot dog ever and she wanted to ask him what they tasted like.  So he went above and beyond and had hot dogs out with all the fixings. The question was by E mail so he was able to have it prepared.  He wanted to fix her her first hot dog, he put onions, a special mustard and relish.  She took a bite but she didnt seem to enjoy it. She said that it tasted like they smell when they are cooking.

I was thinking, he should of let her choose what she wanted on it. I would of put totallyy different things on it.

So what would you put on yours?  Do you even like hot dogs? If so, how often to you have them?

barbecuing

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

My boys LOVE hot dogs. We have them about twice a month. We use mayo,catsup,mustard,chilli,and cheese.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Used to love hotdogs, but due to diet constraints (not allowed processed foods) no longer eat them.  But I loved them most any way, onions, sourkraut, mustard, relish, cheese, and especially liked chili dogs.  Or a nice plate of beans and weiners.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM

If I have a choice I would rather eat bratwurst or salamini. I don't eat hotdogs that often anymore. If I do, I want the ones without all the preservatives and fillers.

I would eat them with mustard, catsup and onions. Or Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.  Years ago I would like to eat A&W Coney Hotdogs. We stopped at one a couple of years ago and it did not taste the same. It was more like a chili dog. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I only have one once in a great while.  I like spicy brown mustard, onions, and sometimes relish.

KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I love hot dogs, and living in the Chicago area, believe me when I say we have THE BEST hot dog places around here!!!! I don't eat them often, maybe 3 or 4 times a year, because they're not good for the body at all, but when I do, I get the works - yellow mustard, onion, tomato, relish, hot peppers, pickle (I think I've gotten them all!!!). Good stuff!!!
kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I really like hot dogs and prefer them grilled and all beef. My Dad used to make up a mix of chopped onions with a little mustard and mayo to put on them. So I do that and also like catsup and pickle relish. But sometimes just a one with a little mustard on a toasted bun is really good,with a Sunkist soda to drink with it.lol

And a good  chili dog fully loaded is pretty good too.Now I'm wanting one. Hmmm,maybe for dinner tomorrow night.

Shellness
by Michell on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Plain with only ketchup or with saurkraut and mustard.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Oh man I love me a good chili cheese dog.  Thats sounds really good!

Quoting gonecrazi:

My boys LOVE hot dogs. We have them about twice a month. We use mayo,catsup,mustard,chilli,and cheese.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM

What ever happened to Beenie Weenies?  I loved those as a kid.

Quoting mac1940:

Used to love hotdogs, but due to diet constraints (not allowed processed foods) no longer eat them.  But I loved them most any way, onions, sourkraut, mustard, relish, cheese, and especially liked chili dogs.  Or a nice plate of beans and weiners.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Yes, bratwurst with some hot mustard and kraut.  Slurp!

Never heard of Salamini.  I have one maybe once a year.  I just thought it was odd that this girl of 24 never had one before.  She said she grew up in a vegetarian household.  LOL I was ready for her to gag on it. 

I had a Chicago dog once...in Chicago and it was the best dog I have ever had. The posers can not do it the same.

Quoting LEK19:

If I have a choice I would rather eat bratwurst or salamini. I don't eat hotdogs that often anymore. If I do, I want the ones without all the preservatives and fillers.

I would eat them with mustard, catsup and onions. Or Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.  Years ago I would like to eat A&W Coney Hotdogs. We stopped at one a couple of years ago and it did not taste the same. It was more like a chili dog. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)