Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What do you like on your hotdog? PIOG

Posted by   + Show Post

I was watching Steve Harvey last night, (I DVR it) and the Ask Steve is my favorite part.  A 24 yr old woman had said she had NEVER had a hot dog ever and she wanted to ask him what they tasted like.  So he went above and beyond and had hot dogs out with all the fixings. The question was by E mail so he was able to have it prepared.  He wanted to fix her her first hot dog, he put onions, a special mustard and relish.  She took a bite but she didnt seem to enjoy it. She said that it tasted like they smell when they are cooking.

I was thinking, he should of let her choose what she wanted on it. I would of put totallyy different things on it.

So what would you put on yours?  Do you even like hot dogs? If so, how often to you have them?

barbecuing

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Replies (51-60):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Im going to have to try that. I never put relish.

Quoting CometGirl:

I put mustard and sweet relish on my hot dogs.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I bet they are still around.  If I ever see a can Ima pick some up.

Quoting chasingrandbaby:

I loved beenie weenies, yum! I even ate spam, I wouldnt touch that now with a 10 ft pole.

I loved chili dogs too mac, or w just ketchup and mustard, I cant eat them either due to allergies

Quoting Esmrlda:

What ever happened to Beenie Weenies?  I loved those as a kid.

Quoting mac1940:

Used to love hotdogs, but due to diet constraints (not allowed processed foods) no longer eat them.  But I loved them most any way, onions, sourkraut, mustard, relish, cheese, and especially liked chili dogs.  Or a nice plate of beans and weiners.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I will get that brand next time we go camping. Chicago  dogs are the bomb! 

Quoting amylulu1:

I eat them just like this!  I splurge at times and buy Hebrew National.  If I buy cheap for the kids, I will eat them raw for a snack sometimes...it's just like bologna.  All beef does not taste good raw, lol.  My absolute favorite is the Chicago Dog, tho.  Miss them soooo much!

Quoting DesignGirl450:

I love hot dogs, but don't eat them very often.  I have mine  with mustard and green relish.  God, I want one NOW!

amylulu1
by Amy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:43 PM

You can make them!!  I always cut up and cooked my hot dogs in the skillet and then added the beans.  I don't measure, but I add ketchup and brown sugar (do it to your taste preference) and a dab of mustard!  YUM!

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting chasingrandbaby:

I loved beenie weenies, yum! I even ate spam, I wouldnt touch that now with a 10 ft pole.

I loved chili dogs too mac, or w just ketchup and mustard, I cant eat them either due to allergies

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting mac1940:

Used to love hotdogs, but due to diet constraints (not allowed processed foods) no longer eat them.  But I loved them most any way, onions, sourkraut, mustard, relish, cheese, and especially liked chili dogs.  Or a nice plate of beans and weiners.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Oh yeah!

Quoting amylulu1:

You can make them!!  I always cut up and cooked my hot dogs in the skillet and then added the beans.  I don't measure, but I add ketchup and brown sugar (do it to your taste preference) and a dab of mustard!  YUM!

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting chasingrandbaby:

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting mac1940:

amylulu1
by Amy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM

My sister says that she doesn't even make them like that anymore...says she just buys Bush's Brown Sugar & Bacon beans and adds a touch of BBQ sauce.  I think I am stopping by the store tonight and grabbing that for my dinner...

Quoting Esmrlda:

Oh yeah!

Quoting amylulu1:

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting chasingrandbaby:

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting mac1940:

bellaamore
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Quoting Esmrlda:

What kind of chili do you put on them.

Quoting bellaamore:

If we ever eat them which is very rare, since we only buy the best quality ones and thats like six bucks a pack. When we do, i like them with chili and cheese if not grilled. If grilled, just mustard.

No beans, usually wolf hot dog sauce

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM

LOL, now you have a hankering for some?

Quoting amylulu1:

My sister says that she doesn't even make them like that anymore...says she just buys Bush's Brown Sugar & Bacon beans and adds a touch of BBQ sauce.  I think I am stopping by the store tonight and grabbing that for my dinner...

Quoting Esmrlda:

Oh yeah!

Quoting amylulu1:

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting chasingrandbaby:

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting mac1940:

tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Wow I watch it too. I have been to the show. I like the part ask Steve too. I only like ketchup and cheese sauce on my hotdog

Scottishbrat33
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM

l like relish, mustard, on my hotdogs.I also like them grilled.eating

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)